Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31025 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 01:38:03 AM »
Wow, okay.... So I just told my mom something from this thread... And she told me a really freaky story about ME...

My grandfather died of a brain tumor before I was born. I was conceived about 2 months after his death... But, when I was 2, I apparently told my parents about a dream I had. I said "I had a dream that I had a brain tumor and died, but then I was allowed to come back because I'm special." And no one had ever told me about my Grandpa or that he died of a brain tumor or anything... I'm a little freaked out. My dad said that I'm very like him in a lot of ways. The fact that he always loved soup, and I used to only eat soup for breakfast when I was little. That we're both excellent in math. That we're both obsessive over little things. That he was good at whatever he did (that sounds a little self-centered, but that's part of the obsessive thing...) and just our personality...

So basically, my whole life my parents have felt that I am the reincarnation of my grandfather...

I'm a little freaked out right now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 01:40:14 AM by princesslemons »
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
Yow!  That is freaky.  Who would expect a two year old to have any idea what a brain tumor was.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 01:43:43 PM »
Never seen a ghost, but always wanted to. After my father passed away, I started dating this guy, and one day while he was talking, I got the strange sense I had somehow had the exact same conversation before with my father, like major deja vu. It sort of creeped me out, but I tried to put it up to just grief, or some other weird thing. But I realized a few months later that the guy was a lot like my father, and maybe my father didn't want me to date someone who was too much like him. I dumped the guy, of course. Anyway, I still think about it sometimes. It was pretty strange.

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2009, 02:37:42 PM »
Yow!  That is freaky.  Who would expect a two year old to have any idea what a brain tumor was.

Exactly... Maybe I picked up on conversations when I was in another room or something?

Or maybe I am just my own granddaddy. ;)
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »
There was a case of "reincarnation" in the US that was something like this.

The child reported an extreme knowledge of life in a small Scottish (possibly Irish I can't remember) village.  No one could explain it, but it turns out that a nanny hired by the family when the child was under three told her stories about her home.   

Edit:
I think this is the case http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridey_Murphy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:36:25 PM by bookgrl »

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:17 PM »

The child reported an extreme knowledge of life in a small Scottish (possibly Irish I can't remember) village.  No one could explain it, but it turns out that a nanny hired by the family when the child was under three told her stories about her home.   

Edit:

Well, I can tell you this.  We never had a nanny, nor any other caregiver but us, save a few times with my parents, as Andrew's are too old and infirm to care for the bairns on their own.

The wee ones have never had a babysitter or been left with one.

But there was a one time, before Struan was born, that the 4 of us went to spend the night in a small village in the Perthshire Highlands, where first we thought to go, before we came through here.

On the way home, our eldest started to repeat, 'Get off this road at (I won't say that place's name).  I want to see my sheep.'  Now mind you this girl has had delays first noted at her 8-months check.  She was never one for clear speech at that time.  But this was clear as a bell.

We planned to stop in this place anyhow.  Neither I nor my husband had set foot there in all our lives.  Generations ago, MIL's folk, some man of her folk, had married a Gow woman from around there, though they were themselves of the Western Highlands to the north.  So some came to be of the name Gow, and her great-great grandfather's portrait hangs in the portrait gallery at Edinburgh, a fiddle in his left hand and its bow in his right, fiddler to the Duke Atholl.

We parked in the first car park we could find there, on the Tay.

And got out buggies and bags, to tour round. 

And all the more that bairn rabbitted on, 'I want to see my sheep.'

Roisin was still in her buggy, being only about 9 months old then.

So we walked round the village, and all the while Aillidh parroted, 'This isn't the way to my sheep.  I want to see my sheep.'

A girl with speech delays who at the age of nearly 6 is still receiving speech therapy.

I got so sick of it I finally snapped at her, 'Then take us to your bloody sheep and be done with it!'

So she led us along, until we got to an arch in the wall I could have passed a thousand times and never noticed.

When we went through it, there was a pasture in there, full of sheep that time of year.

And up she went, though even now she's so feared she cries when we go out on our own, and I'll be damned if those fecking sheep didn't come to wire fence and sniff her hand.

Scared the beejeezus out of me and we practically ran from the place and haven't been back since.

All the worse since a couple of years I acted a fool and had what some call a ghost but I'd say it's fair demon, claiming that girl the 'dam of (a family that holds lands round there)' and 'brood mare of (same name)'  and 'she marries that old, molten man'.  And the other day I overheard her brushing her long hair and saying, 'I care nothing that folk say my husband is old and scarred, I love him so.'

My blood went cold.

« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »

Edit:
The Bridey Murphy case was very famous at the time.  A lot of people were convinced it was for real and that we all should undergo hypnotism to find out who we had been in previous lives.
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
FWIW, I don't believe in reincarnation at all.

• Falling Into Infinity
    • www.dreamtheater.net
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
I'm loving this thread, such cool experiences.

I've had a few, but this is my most memorable:

My best friend's mom got remairred and now they were living in an old house on Long Island. I stayed over for a visit as they were close like family. I was in my friends room, all alone as she stepped out to use the bathroom. I was sitting on the bed on one side of the room, and on the other side of the room out of her caboodle (plastic make up case)  a lipgloss flew across the room. I ran out and downstairs. There was no reason for this to happen, and even if possible wind, the windows were all closed. But I swear it was picked up out of it and chucked across the room, it wasn't like it just fell out.

My best friend swears she saw a little boy standing at the bottom of the stairwell one time in that house.

One other time in that house that scared me too, my best friend made me wait outside of the bathroom door as she was taking a shower, she was scared to be on her own and no adults were home. So I'm talking to her and she's showering and I start hearing noises in the attic. It was this high pitched  kind of screaming and lots of moving around and banging noises. No one was up there, no one was home but her and I and it was definately from the attic. So I frantically procede to try to get in the bathroom and she thinks I'm just trying to scare her...that was horrible.

I love Ghost Hunters and GHI. I definately believe in something, but not sure I can exactly say what.

Keep the stories coming!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
Okay. Well. I'm about as psychic as a potato, so bear that in mind. We've bought a house that was built at least 400 years ago -- and the timbers are a good deal older than that. (We had a surveyor in yesterday to look at our death watch beetle problem, and he told us some of the beams might be a thousand years old).

The house has been extensively renovated, probably many times, most drastically in the 1970s. There's nothing in the slightest creepy about it. My husband's been here 18 months, and I made it over a year later. It's a lovely, warm, sunny place. I can't make myself feel spooky here even when I try.

But my cat, not so much. She's a squirrelly girl -- a former feral -- so we expected adjustment problems. But she did great for the first few days. Then she hid upstairs and wouldn't come down for a week. That became a pattern. She'd seem to be getting comfortable and settling in, then she'd vanish upstairs for days and refuse to come down. I had to feed her up there for the longest time.

There's one particular spot in the house that holds a fascination for her. It's just a blank plaster wall downstairs, between the living room and the dining room, with windows on either side. There's really nothing there. But she'll be curled up on the couch or lying on the hearthrug grooming herself and she'll suddenly startle, whip around and stare at that spot.

Not once or twice, but dozens of times. (She's sitting on the couch next to me now facing the spot, though I'm behind her and can't tell if she's staring). There is simply no doubt at all that her eyes are following something. Or looking for something. She doesn't seem frightened -- she doesn't bristle or run away -- just very intent.

Okay, there's the wind-up, here's the pitch: that spot is where the front door was for hundreds of years. There's no trace of it now, but old geezers in the neighborhood told us they moved it in the Seventies to its present location on the other side of the house.

The uber-skeptic in me wonders if she isn't hearing beetles in the walls there or something, though that's opposite the corner where we hear them. But it's hard to shake off the idea she's watching...something come and go.

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »
If it was my cat in my house, I'd say it was mice.  But still ...
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »
The surveyor offered to loan us a stethoscope to see if we could pinpoint where the beetles are. I think we're going to get one and give it a listen. She's a keen mouser, though. She isn't shy about those places where we hear mice.

• Reflections from the Water Skull
    • Author Echo Draven
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »
I know this topic is quite old, but I just found it so its new to me!  ;)
I find all the stories on here fascinating and I have a few to add.
My first experience was when my family was stationed in Hawaii, we lived in military housing (triplexes) in the middle house. I was about 8 and I remember as we were moving in I had gone upstairs because I couldnt find anyone. I ended up in my parents new master bedroom and I heard something in the adjoining bathroom. I went in the door and was standing next to the sink as I could see there was no one in there. The back hairs on my head started to stand up and all of a sudden I felt and heard breathing at my back. I had a couple instances in that house, but nothing really noteable.
Throughout my life I have had little inklings that something or someone was telling me things without speaking. One day when I was 12 I woke up in the morning and told my mom I wanted to go to the library. When I got there I instantly felt drawn to look up information about England. Nothing noteworthy, just had this thirst of knowledge to know about this country.
When I was 18 I realized that as soon as I was comfortable with someone, I could start telling them things about their personal life. I remember one very poignant time when I was speaking to someone on a 800 number and during the shooting of the breeze I told him that he drove a gold car AND HE DID!
WHen I lived in Kansas, I was in a home that was older than dirt (as most places there are) and I remember waking up to glance to the window in my room, where a man was dressed in what can onlly be quaker cloting and staring out the window until he glanced at me and I closed my eyes and he wasnt there when I opened them again. I wasnt scared necessarily but when you see a man in the room you tend to beat a bit faster. My husband at the time said that weired things happened in the house all the time. One time I came home to find him freaked out as a toy car had rolled across the playpen with no help.
The next house I moved to in Kansas after that one, could only be described as a porthole to hell. The whole house was evil feeling and surrounded by 15 acres of nothing. The basement was very bad, I didnt like to go down there, even though it was partially finished for a home office. My sons each had a room on the second floor. My youngest sons bed was directly near mine and we had a child gate in place of his door because I worried about him wondering out and falling down the stairs. One night I heard him scream and then his whole body came hurdling through the child gate. A very strong case of momentum and fear had to have helped because that thing was screwed into the damn wall and it burst when he hit into it. He refused to sleep in there and when my husband forced him too a couple days later, we could hear humming of a woman's voice coming from the baby monitor right before he screamed. My marriage ended in this house and when my ex moved out, we spent one terrorfied night upstairs dealing with banging doors and creaks of people walking around.  I moved everyone downstairs that next day and we slept in the sitting room all together until we moved out. The only way I found solice at night was through a white light exercise. Things continued happening to me every so often, but mainly consist of knowing things I shouldnt.
Then the craziest thing that has happened was when I was in Maine. At 3am I woke up after having the most vivid dream. I woke thinking I was watching tv it was so detailed. something inside kept telling me write it down, write it down! I ignored it but couldnt get to sleep, so I sat down and typed out what I saw. This has been followed by a series more of the same, until I had written a book. I dont know if it ever happened, or if my imagination just takes off at night but to me it is quite real. I feel the pain and smell everything vividly and I have cried more times than I care to admit while experiencing these dreams. It may sound crazy, but inside me I feel that what I am writing is supposed to help somehow with something. But at this time I dont know what it does other than offer people a good read and some goosebumps.
Not for the faint of heart.

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
I had a friend who moved to California with her young daughters.  One evening as they were walking along the beach they looked across the bay and could see buildings burning.  The next day she asked people what had happened and was told there had been no fire.  She later learned that years ago there had been a big fire there.
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
An old lady passed away peacefully in the back bedroom of this house.

Don't ask me how I know, because I just do.

So does Aillidh.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab