Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ghosts? or other names???  (Read 31017 times)

• Reflections from the Water Skull
    • Author Echo Draven
  • Liked: 0
Re: ghosts? or other names???
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2009, 08:04:38 PM »
An old lady passed away peacefully in the back bedroom of this house.

Don't ask me how I know, because I just do.

So does Aillidh.

YAH! someone else who just knows stuff. I get so fustrated because if I happen to tell someone that I just know stuff as though it has been told to me but without a voice, they tend to think im a bit wacko!
Do you ever hear anything in your home?
I used to be a bit freaked out about where I live now, as my husband has lived in this house all his life and has told me stories of things they have witnessed, (all be it he didnt tell me until I after I told him about the walking around sounds upstairs when no one is about.)
Also I would like to tell anyone looking through the threads about a reading that my husband got about 2 years before meeting me. He went with his brother (well dragged is more like it) to see a medium/psychic. My husband is quite a hard stone to break and didnt believe any of this type of stuff but went to humor his brother. During the session the reader (I think his name was Stuart), told my husband that his mom was here with him. Stuart was also able to tell my husband his middlename and a nickname his mother used to call him. (both names are quite unusual.) The most interesting part (I need to say that my husband has never been married nor had a live in relationship because he tends to think woman arent worth it, or atleast used too  ;D), was that Stuart told my husband that within a few years he would meet and marry a woman with a T in the middle of her name. At the time Stuart could think of no names that would have a T smack in the middle. Needless to say time went on and a couple years later I showed up and although my first name has no T. The myspace page that my hubby met me under was 'Baby Montana'. Montana having been my surname at the time with a T directly in the midldle. Anyone here ever gone for a reading?
Not for the faint of heart.

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »
Anyone here ever gone for a reading?

I've gotten kajillions of readings over the past 20+ years.  Some were useless, others were amazing.  I've been to tarot readers, astrologers, past life readers, rune readers and all kinds of combinations of the above plus more.  I read tarot cards myself, but haven't read for anyone recently though I used to do it a lot.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Reflections from the Water Skull
    • Author Echo Draven
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
I played with the Tarot back in 96 myself. Did one reading for a friend and predicted a death. His grandfather died the next week. Recently I have gotten back into mysticism due to my writing and have purchased a new deck. Although I still have to look at the book which takes a lot of the allure out of it all.   :)
I want to go see this Stuart guy myself. But he is booked up for months right now. I am going to keep trying for a drop out spot though.
Not for the faint of heart.

• This is me. Love it or love it.
    • Twitter
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »
I read this thread in awe! I know it's old, but stories like this are timeless. Wow! I, too, have been fascinated with the supernatural from a very young age. In fact, I saw a ghost when I was 6 or 7. I remember it vividly to this day.

We lived in an old shotgun house. It's now dilapidated from Hurricane Katrina, but when we lived there it had seen it's day. Haha. Anyway, I was very afraid of the dark, and even more so afraid to do anything at night. I had a bladder problem and had to go really really bad one night, but everyone was asleep and for some reason that night I didn't want to get out of bed alone. I started yelling for my mom so that she could wake up and I wouldn't be scared to go to the bathroom. After a couple minutes of yelling to no avail, I heard what sounded like a music box. I stopped yelling and turned around on my stomach so that whatever was there would think I was sleeping. I felt something touch my chest THROUGH THE BED and turned around. There was a lady standing there. Now at the time I was confused because this lady was all white. My mom is black, hence the confusion. Lol. I asked my 'mom' why she looked like that and she said "I'm NOT your mother". I don't remember verbatim what she said after that, but basically I was to be quiet or she was going to come back. I said ok and she left back the way she came which was towards the bathroom.

The next morning, I excitedly told my mom what happened and she discredited my story, saying that I was just dreaming. For months after, I could not and would not use that bathroom alone without the door open a crack. I didn't care, I was that scared! As we were moving out of the house to move to Las Vegas a year later, my mom pulled me aside and let me know that she really did believe me about the ghost, but at the time she didn't want to scare me.

Maybe she saw something? Hmmmm.
There are two kinds of people.  People who say what they want, and people who DO what they want. Which one will you be?

• Liked: 12
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
Interesting this thread should resurface -- I've just been reading some autobiographical essays by Amy Tan. In one, 'Room with a view, new kitchen, and ghosts' she talks about some strange noises and happenings in their San Francisco house and calling in a ghostbuster. In 'The ghosts of my imagination' she describes a whole stream of "coincidences" that inspired the writing of The hundred secret senses. For example, she decides to thank a friend for his help and adds his name to the acknowledgements page on March 22nd and then a week later another friend phones to say the first guy was killed in a plane crash -- on March 22nd.  She ends this essay:
"Did the ghosts of friends and family come and serve as my muses? Aren't ghosts merely delusions in grief? I know now that these questions are meaningless and the answer is absolute. What are ghosts if not the hope that love continues beyond our ordinary senses? If ghosts are a delusion, then let me be deluded. Let me believe in the limitlessness of love, the beauty of contradictions, the miracle that is an ordinary part of life."
                    -- Amy Tan. The opposite of fate, 2003. p. 266.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »

"Did the ghosts of friends and family come and serve as my muses? Aren't ghosts merely delusions in grief? I know now that these questions are meaningless and the answer is absolute. What are ghosts if not the hope that love continues beyond our ordinary senses? If ghosts are a delusion, then let me be deluded. Let me believe in the limitlessness of love, the beauty of contradictions, the miracle that is an ordinary part of life."
                    -- Amy Tan. The opposite of fate, 2003. p. 266.

This is beautiful...

Most of the forum knows that DH recently lost his grandfather, but I didn't go into detail about the night that he died.

I went to house/pet-sit at my in-laws while the rest of the family went to Ireland, and DH sent me a text while on their way to say "don't fix the clock in the living room" which had stopped. I found out when they returned that it happened to stop the minute granddad passed. DH's watch stopped. At that same time, my husband woke up with hiccups (random coincidence maybe, but I remember waking up and talking to him at that time), my FIL decided that he couldn't sleep and got out of bed, and my BIL is convinced that he heard a voice say "Goodbye."
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
I only got through the first page of post before freaking my self out!  [smiley=anxious.gif]

I am most definitely moving that mirror by my bed as soon as I can.

I have a story, but I will feel better posting about it later. When it's not so late and I'm not so alone.

• Twitter
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »
I only got through the first page of post before freaking my self out!  [smiley=anxious.gif]

I am most definitely moving that mirror by my bed as soon as I can.

I have a story, but I will feel better posting about it later. When it's not so late and I'm not so alone.

I know right! That freaked me out the most! My husband has mirrors instead of doors on our closet, so I have no choice. I just hope I fall assleep before HE does tonight. Lol.
There are two kinds of people.  People who say what they want, and people who DO what they want. Which one will you be?

• Twitter
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2011, 11:24:16 PM »
All your stories are so interesting! Please keep them coming! Can't wait to hear more, sista girl.

• Pajama Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:22 AM »
I've not really had any kind of experiences, but my mother is convinced that our kitty of 15 years hangs about the house.  She always used to sashay up to the dog and rub against him and flick her tail at him, and he would give her a sniff and a lick.  My mom has seen him react that same way on a few occasions when there is nothing visible there, and well after kitty died.

My mom is not particularly superstitious or into supernatural stuff, but I've never seen her so adamant about something like this.  I quite like the idea that she's still there.  :)
"It is really a matter of ending this silence and solitude, of breathing and stretching one's arms again."

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »
After my cat Poochie died several years ago, I could still feel her jumping up on the bed sometimes at night like she used to do.  She was a very fat cat so she definitely made her presence felt whenever she did this.
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 12
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
The funny thing about that Amy Tan book is that it was my daughter's. After she passed we had to clear her flat and took loads of books to Oxfam and other local charity shops. We gave some books to her friend and I pulled a few out just to read on the plane or whatever. One was the Amy Tan book, which I put off reading once I discovered it wasn't a novel. So, now I'm reading it and thinking how so much of it is about mothers and daughters. And then I read that paragraph I quoted above and wonder if Em's "spirit" had drawn me to pick up this particular book again. I was very close to tossing it but something made me start reading it.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab