Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Heading for the UK to Teach  (Read 1210 times)

• Moving to UK in 10 months to Teach
  • Liked: 0
Heading for the UK to Teach
« on: November 08, 2002, 10:35:53 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself.  I am twenty five years old and living in Dayton Ohio.  I am completing my last year of college and will graduate this summer with a degree in Middle Childhood education.  I have recently decided to move and teach in England for the next five years.  I am hoping to get advice and information in preparing myself as best as possible for the move.  I would love any information advice or suggestions.  I would love to meet and talk with those who are in my same shoes.   :)
Kari

• Liked: 4
Re: Heading for the UK to Teach
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 12:51:24 PM »
hi kari and welcome to the site....sounds like your up for a great adventure.  from what i read teaching positions in the UK are very plentiful.  so...what made you decide to teach here?  how soon are you hoping to move over?  im sure you will be able to find lots of helping information on this site regarding moving, visa requirements, etc.   good luck and keep us informed  :)  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 10:18:57 PM »
Hi

Welcome and when are you coming over to teach?
From Toledo OH here and teaching for the second year in a primary school here.  I have lots of experience from back home and have just received qualification here.  Perhaps we could exchange e mails and correspond.  I am in the hertfordshire schools.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 11:23:58 PM »
Welcome Kari.

There's a shortage of teachers here, so hopefully that will help you. There is a website advertised on tv here a lot, http://www.canteach.gov.uk/ for recruitment information. Might be something useful there.

Thank you Idgie for volunteering information. :)

Sponsored Links