Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How do I obtain a "Third country official veterinary certificate"????  (Read 5894 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi,

Does anyone know what I need to do to obtain a "Third country official veterinary certificate"? Can I just print it out and have the vet fill everything in or does the vet have to get an original certificate?

I noticed that the certificate has a "Serial Number" so I am guessing that whoever fills out the certificate has to check some sort of a database in order to obtain a valid number, or something like that. That's why I am not sure if I can just print this thing out and give it to the vet.

I am so confused!!!!!!!! Please help!!!
 ;D ??? ???

Simply print and have your vet fill it out!

Don't forget, DEFRA is there to answer all your questions!  (I called them about this, too.)  Don't be shy, don't feel stupid, call them whenever you're in doubt.

It DOES seem weird to get a government form from your home printer.  In this case, that's how it's done.  I can't remember where the serial number came from, but it wasn't our regular vet.  Call DEFRA and double-check for your country/area.  As written in other threads, don't trust your vet to know the process.

Thanks.  :)

I guess I'll give DEFRA a call tomorrow and will ask them. Maybe they'll know of a vet in New York that can do all of this stuff.

Well, I called DEFRA today. The rep said that as of recently they have been told to advise people not to print out the online certificate form due to some possible issue of the print-out not coming out right and them not being able to read something (although I don't really understand what can come out wrong). Anyway, he advised me to get the certificate either through the USDA or a vet.

I think that I finally found a vet that can do this (cross my fingers  :)) I'll give them another call tomorrow and ask them some more detailed questions about the process to see if they know exactly what to do. Hopefully it will work out. 8)

That's good to know!  One problem I can think of is that most people have water-soluble ink in their printers... our form got a bit blurry...

I just printed the veterinary certificate form that the local USDA office forwarded to me. It prints out in 3 pages...is this right? I noticed that DEFRA says " the certificate must be a single sheet". I am just so nervous about getting this wrong!

Did anyone else have a 2 or 3 page print out?

--cherisse

I just printed the veterinary certificate form that the local USDA office forwarded to me. It prints out in 3 pages...is this right? I noticed that DEFRA says " the certificate must be a single sheet". I am just so nervous about getting this wrong!

Did anyone else have a 2 or 3 page print out?

--cherisse

yes its 3 pages

I was actually able to find a vet in New York and it seems like they know what they are doing (I hope  :)) so I haven't printed the certificate out yet. They said that we can do that later. For now, they are entering all of the data into their computer (including microchip # etc.) and will copy it on the certificate before we leave for the UK. They also gave me a paper certificate for the rabies shot.

I guess I'll end up printing the certificate as well but will make absolutely sure that everything is readable (the local USDA office didn't really help me much when I asked them about this.

Re: How do I obtain a "Third country official veterinary certificate"????
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 01:30:59 AM »
Did you end up finding out about the serial number? I printed my certificate on my printer from a link that the USDA sent to me. I then took it to a vet to fill out and they knew nothing about the serial number. I then called the USDA and they said I have to send in the certificate and all of the supporting documentation i have for USDA approval and it will be sent back with the serial number filled in. This is a $76 fee.

In all of the reading I have done on the PETS scheme, i have never seen it mentioned that the USDA has to approve the paperwork. I have gone through a government approved vet, i thought that was enough?

does anyone know if this is necessary?

Re: How do I obtain a "Third country official veterinary certificate"????
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:02 AM »
Yes, you have to have the USDA vet sign off the final paperwork.  I did this on my way to SFO since the USDA has an office close to the airport.

Check where the USDA vet is in your area.

Sponsored Links