Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Identity Crisis - Where am I really from??  (Read 5785 times)

Re: Identity Crisis - Where am I really from??
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2002, 06:03:40 PM »
That's more or less what I was thinking-is there any reason that you have to make this decision now?  Why not enjoy being carefree for awhile.  Use this time to travel, explore a different culture and get to know each other.  There's plenty of time for big decisions later.

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2002, 06:58:07 PM »
is there any reason that you have to make this decision now?  Why not enjoy being carefree for awhile.

Well we don't have to make a decision this week but it has to be done within the next 4 months or so.  We've done a lot together (also by ourselves) and know where we're heading, goals we want to accomplish and what we want long-term (with the exception of the location  ;D ).  Plus there's an age factor, he's 39 and I will be 34.   We both have expressed a desire to settle down and realize that we don't have all the time in the world to be carefree - like we use to be.  Plus I don't like not having some type of plan..I can sleep better at night..   :)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2002, 07:01:10 PM »
Pros for NY outweigh the Pros for London by 11:2

Eleven to two, New York Yankees win the first game of the series ... but there is more to follow.  

Leah's two cents (pence) is sound advice.  Are you eager to start a family?  If you don't intend to start right away, there is no need to struggle with your choices right now.  If, on the other hand, you want children very soon then the decision will have to be made and someone in the relationship will have to make the sacrifice, and once that decision is made, there can be no finger pointing.  

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2002, 07:10:07 PM »
Well, that sheds a different light on it.  You obviously know what you want, but still I would give it a bit of time before I decided that this was or wasn't for me.  And from my experience, the easiest time to move somewhere and meet new people is when you  have babies.  And I have to say that the UK is a great place to live with little kids.  All of my friends now are people that I met through having children.  

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab