Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee Visa--what's the intrvw/process like?  (Read 5008 times)

Re: Fiancee Visa--what's the intrvw/process like?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2002, 06:23:52 PM »
If you think a 4.5 hour wait is bad, wait till you get here and have to go get your further and indefinate leave to remain in Croydon.....I still get the heebie-jeebies when I think about those two days of my life wasted!

• I'm eating paste!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 07:02:51 PM »
 :o :o :o

I am triply shocked.

Should I anticipate having to spend the night in Croydon? And why Croydon?

Alright, I feel very ignorant right now. I thought getting the fiancee's visa was supposed to quicken the process of getting the right-to-stay visa!
People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look. --Andy Warhol

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2002, 09:43:23 AM »
It does make it easier in the sense that you are pretty much assured of getting the leave to remain and that you will have no problem at the airport when you come over.

But the visa process on this end is a day long event.  You will have to go to Croydon (or Glasgow, I think) once you are married and then again a year after you are married.  SOme people do this by post but you will be without your passport, etc for several weeks, if not months before they get it stamped and sent back.  Many people chose to go to the office and spend the day getting the visa.

We arrived both times in Croydon before 8, and just barely got done by the time they closed at 5.  It's an extremely long process, you sit in a very big room with tons of people from all over the place, and you can't leave the building once you're there or you lose your place in line.  Definately no fun.

As long as you get there earlier tho, you should be able to leave with visa and passport in hand.  

Sponsored Links