Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One Visa down, now what...  (Read 2243 times)

• Liked: 0
One Visa down, now what...
« on: November 14, 2002, 05:32:23 PM »
Getting thru customs for me was oddly a breeze, the customs officer barely looked at my visa and didn't ask me a thing. Got hitched a month later and that was so smooth too(it didn't even rain, till after :)). Now for the next step.. I have to send my stuff via mail for FLR visa, and I was wondering if anyone has done this by mail and what their experience was with it, like how long it took, etc.. I read somewhere, in upwards of 5 weeks, but saying that I was told it would take up to 6 weeks for my fiance visa to come thru, and I recieved that in 4 days.. Thanks! Maggie
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific."
-Lily Tomlin

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: One Visa down, now what...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 01:30:09 PM »
Expat did hers by mail and it took 8 weeks   :P

If at all possible, I would suggest that you do it in person.  Get there VERY early (just imagine you're camping out for [enter your favourite rock star/entertainer] tickets to get the idea of HOW early...) and you should have it all done in one day.

However, if you have to do it by mail, plan on being without the passports for at least 6 weeks.  And make sure you send EVERYTHING so it doesn't get held up.

Good luck - and congrats on everything so far!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 02:18:22 PM »
It's a valid question Maggie and I think you'll find the answers a bit varied.  Me?  I'm a glutton for punishment and will be going with Peedal's suggestion and camping out at Croydon to get my ILR.  Just another 2 months for me!  Eep!  Best of luck whatever you decide!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 06:46:43 PM »
Oh god! Well I was hoping that I could cut corners and save money and my good luck would follow me, but with odds like that I think I will be doing the whole camping out thing, but Jeff Buckley is dead so I am going to have to imagine its for something else..hmmmm.  :-/
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific."
-Lily Tomlin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab