Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cable/Sports--  Can you get WGN (Cubs station  (Read 1196 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Cable/Sports--  Can you get WGN (Cubs station
« on: March 19, 2004, 04:57:13 AM »
I am a huge Cubs fan, thinking about moving to the UK (after they win the world series of course).

Anyone know if any cable tv outlets carry WGN or some station that might carry cubs games?

What about broadband internet?   Has anyone tried watching game video live on the internet?  What is the quality?

Help would be appreciated

Keith  (Cubs Fan and Democrat Man!)

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Re: Cable/Sports--  Can you get WGN (Cubs station
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:48:24 AM »
There is one internet service called MLB.com which plays all major league games on the net. You will need broadband to get the most out of this and it is pay to view, about $14.00 to $20.00. Alternatly there is late night live baseball action 3 nights a week (and I mean late! 3:45 am start times) on Chanel 5 (there are 5 broadcast channels in the UK and 5 is one of the private ones). Unfortuntly for you they usualy broadcast games with east coast teams (as it should always be!) or really strange games between midwestern teams. they are very eratic about what games they show; like it somehow doesnt matter! I doubt whether a team, with all the real heart in the world like the cubs (and you have to have heart to love a team like the cubs!) will get its fair showing on late night 5.
Cheers big ears
Scoobie

Sponsored Links