Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Like a Virgin  (Read 2165 times)

Like a Virgin
« on: November 17, 2002, 11:09:30 AM »
Anyone looking for a pretty decent deal on return tix from Heathrow to NY might want to check with Virgin.  Much to my amazement, found a decent price on tix for next April.  Only £200.  This will be my first time flying with Virgin, so all you Virgin sluts can gloat now. ;)  My experience up till now is that Virgin always had some of the most expensive flights for what I was looking for.  Otherwise, was thinking of taking the leap and flying Air India since Leah's experience with them was so good.  

Anyway, die hard Virgin or not, it was a pretty good deal so go hither and check it out if you're in the market!  I went through Ebookers but then thought I'd check Virgin's site direct.  It was only an extra £4 to go through Ebookers, so whichever you prefer, the price is pretty similar.  

Re: Like a Virgin
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 11:16:45 AM »
Take your own drinks unless you prefer water.  They only offered Virgin brand stuff when I flew with them.  (Yuck! - IMHO)

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 11:20:34 AM »
Take your own drinks unless you prefer water.  They only offered Virgin brand stuff when I flew with them.  (Yuck! - IMHO)

I generally avoid drinking too much soda or tea or whatever when I travel as:-

1.  Caffiene tends to make me tired than wake me up, and
2.  I have a weak bladder.  'Nuff said. ;)

I don't really have a preference, but hubby might, so I will mention it to him!

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 11:46:26 AM »
good price!

i find the airline itself is ok, i have a problem with the flight attendants who always rudely awaken me for everything (and even dumping an ice cream bar on my lap while i was sleeping).  and like val, i always bring my own water.

last trip hubby and i took seats in the last row of the 747 we had as there's only 2 seats in the window rows towards the back as opposed to 3 elsewhere. the window seat is also not right up against the wall and one person has a little more room to stretch. if you're flying off-season and the flight is not full, check your seating when you check in, as the airline tends to squash everyone together nearer the doors.  we found lots of empty rows in the back.

saying all that, i fly any airline that's decent with a good deal :D.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 10:17:37 PM »
following on from wife's (islandgirl) post, i quite like flying with Virgin - they have a nice entertainment console with pretty good selection of movies (games are a bit old tho). oh, as long as you don't get a seat where the 'control pad' to play games/select movie decides to do completely the opposite to what it's supposed to do (had that couple of times). leg-room is ok. service is standard, meal is not bad... so, there you go!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 08:57:40 AM »
Virgin is my carrier of choice. And it's a great one for kids travelling on their own.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2002, 12:09:45 AM »

I think that Virgin cola is ok as a brand, but I've heard some of their other stuff is bad.  I feel that when you pay for coach you get it. I agree with Elle that we'll probably just have water and that's about it which is what we usually do when we fly.

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2002, 06:14:17 AM »
Elle,

We're going to the States for Christmas on Virgin this year.  The past two years, we took British Airways, but Virgin had much better deals this year. I have to say I've been curious about Virgin for a long time (perhaps because Richard Branson and their commercials are so cool). Has anyone else flown to the States on Virgin?

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2002, 04:39:28 PM »
I fly with Virgin almost exclusively.  Unless someone else has too good an offer to pass up.  That's because I travel with children and they really do offer the best entertainment/freebies to keep kids occupied for 7+ hours.  :)

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 02:38:57 AM »
Thanks, Mindy. British Airways has been cool for the past two years. But it's good to know Virgin's equally good. I've actually wanted to show my support for the U.S. and take AA or United, but they charge more, and my hub's incredibly paranoid about their security (I think that's kind of understandable)...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab