Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello from London  (Read 1601 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello from London
« on: November 19, 2002, 03:13:38 AM »
It's taken me almost four year living here to discover this site!  [smiley=dunce.gif]
Hellooooo Americans!  ;D I've been wanting to meet more of you over here. Four years of being surrounded by all things British makes me very homesick now and then....especially now upon my recent visit to the states.
I came over here originally as a transfer from my former employer in San Francisco. It was going to be one year...two years max! Then i met a GUY....
Now I am engaged to marry a Brit, hoping to take him back to live in the states in a few years, but making the best of it here now.
Anyway, I've really enjoyed this site. It's comforting to know all of the issues i'm facing are shared by many!
Allison

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: Hello from London
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 09:18:39 AM »
Welcome Allison! Tell us more about yourself and your GUY. Think you'll be able to meet up with us at a get-together? (We did the Ripper Walk out of Tower Station about 10 days ago.)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 12:19:47 PM »
hey allison ....welcome to the site.  where are you located in london?  ya never know there might be americans sittin at  your doorstep, lol.  again...welcome and please keep postin!!  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• Maine to London
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 12:36:50 PM »

hi allison, I am in London too, it took me 3 months after moving here to find this site and it has been such a great help!  Hopefully we can sort out a get together in London soon so we can all meet  ;)

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 01:49:43 PM »
Hello Allison,

I hope you enjoy UKY...  is is a nice place with good people...

michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 06:58:06 PM »
Hiya Allison!  Welcome to the site!  I just stumbled across this site recently too!  Great site with great people!  Good combination! ;D  

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 01:05:36 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  :)

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2002, 04:07:40 AM »
Hi Allison, welcome to the group,  I think you will find it useful, amusing, and something nice to while away the long English winters...I am over here with my family, my hub is in oil biz, and have lived in SF (Marina district) and out in Walnut Creek when the kids started coming...its a big change!!  We move alot, and this one was the hardest so far....so good luck!!  we are all in the same boat!  Maureen/jammie [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Maureen/jammie

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 11:00:10 PM »
Hi there again. I am also direct from San Francisco (well, four years ago). Lived in the Marina as well on Francisco and Franklin! Small world!
If any of you live near central or north london, send me a message and maybe we can meet up for a drink sometime.  [smiley=laugh4.gif]
Not sure how this message system works...but my email is allisonfaust@yahoo.com.

All the best,
Allison

• finally home
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 02:35:55 PM »
hello to everyone, my name is jerry i currently live in washington state, am working on getting a fiance visa so i can move to the uk.
thought i would introduce myself:)
was in the uk last summer, hopefully in a few months i'll be back if not sooner:)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2002, 07:38:00 PM »
hi jerry ....welcome to UKY...so where in the UK are ya moving?  how did u met ur finance and most importantly whens the big day?  hope you find lots of helpful info here...we are usually a friendly bunch so if ya have any questions....dont be afraid to ask.  GOOD LUCK!!
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• finally home
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 06:30:37 AM »
hello, thanks for the welcome:)
i'll be moving to s. yorks area in barnsley with my fiance there. we met online in a yahoo chat room actually
as she puts it "i was minding my own business and you messaged me" aww chat love gotta love it hehe
sorry weird humor:)
our wedding is set for feb 19th:)
currently trying to get a fiance visa, seems they ( the Los angeles office) are known for being feisty and rude.
anyone have any help or suggestions on how best to go thru with it? what to provide and not provide etc..?
i have a pretty good idea on what to send etc.. just want to make sure i got everything set and prepared for them:)

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 07:35:15 PM »
Hi Allison!  Sorry for my late reply but I've been away most of November and have been terribly at keeping up.

Wanted to say hello to you tho, as I am a fellow Londoner...been here for almost two years now!  My, doesn't time fly when you're having fun, eh?  :)

Anyway, I'm in North London but work in Central so if you're around and want to have coffee or something with someone from 'back home' just give me a buzz!  I'm always up for some 'girl time'!

(And hello to you too, 9iron!  Great to see so many new faces!  I've got some visa info on my website if you want to check it out.  Just click on the house by my name and go to Musings....best of luck!)

Sponsored Links