Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The legalities of being an American in Britain  (Read 84944 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: The legalities of being an American in Britain
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2015, 09:01:25 PM »
There are LOADS of incorrect things posted on here and plenty of other websites around the Internet. No need to drag up a dormant thread just to correct someone who hasn't been on this forum for seven years.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »
There are LOADS of incorrect things posted on here and plenty of other websites around the Internet. No need to drag up a dormant thread just to correct someone who hasn't been on this forum for seven years.

I disagree. Anyway was the thread dormant or was there a more recent posting? And I don't correct individual forum members, that would be rude. I point to the correct law.

"Sticky" threads purport to be guidance to the general public.

Posts that enforce your suggested practice tend to be abandoned by real lawyers and experts. Reinforcing a tendency to street wisdom and myth. IMHO. But then I'm only online this week because I have nothing better to do; I have no dream of becoming a 'forum legend'.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »
Posts that are as old as the one you corrected tend to be discounted by people who are looking for advice. If posters tried correcting every single old post that had guidance in it, we'd be doing nothing but that as the rules change regularly.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »
Posts that are as old as the one you corrected tend to be discounted by people who are looking for advice. If posters tried correcting every single old post that had guidance in it, we'd be doing nothing but that as the rules change regularly.

You have no idea what street wisdom and urban myths people belief. During my brief tenure as substitute vice consul in Africa I encountered all types. There really are old ladies in tennis shoes who walk across the Sahara.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »
Really? I've come here looking for answers and this post seems to clear up a lot concisely.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 2
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2019, 07:28:41 AM »
That was one of the most miserable original posts I've read on here. I don't think you're quite assimilated if you are obsessed with the rules back home and still living as if you're there and subject to all their rules. You live your life here. You are not in the US anymore. You do not have to renounce your US citizenship lol. And I'm sure you could sneak someone's ashes over a seaside cliff stateside without anyone knowing about it, if you were just a bit more subtle.

Sponsored Links