Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proposals for new WTC  (Read 3797 times)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Proposals for new WTC
« on: July 18, 2002, 12:11:44 AM »
Thought this might be of some interest to you guys..on www.msnbc.com today there is an article that talks about proposals for building on the WTC site...kinda neat to read..i personally don't think that any other buildings should be built there and that it should just be a memorial site....
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Re: Proposals for new WTC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 12:18:43 AM »
Actually if you go to www.msn.com..there is a link on the front page....this is easier to find....
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 05:55:15 AM »
Humans being wht they are, I think that if we left all places barren at which a tragedy had occurred, we wouldn't have anywhere left to build.   However, I'm opposed to office buildings because they are just dull.

I suggest that they build a giant statue like the Colossus of Rhodes with one foot where each of the towers stood.  And if they must fill it with office space, so be it.  Of course, there's a reason why I'm not an architect.

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 09:18:01 AM »
Below if the official site for the plans of my beloved & fave city in the entire world..

http://www.renewnyc.com/plan/concepts.htm

I have no desire to look at it thoroughly (yet)...I don't know why perhaps I'm still in denial, body tenses up, blood pressure rises, etc....anyway.  My bestfriend's husband is on one of the boards and will be directly involved with the development of downtown.  So I'm sure I'll hear some insightful news coming from the inside in the next several months..
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 11:15:00 AM »
Yvonne, the plans (from the URL you mentioned) are quite inspirational. In their list of things they wanted to achieve, it was truly taking something negative and turning it around into something quite positive. Taking down former barriers, linking places together, etc. I'm thoroughly impressed with their goals. And they weren't dwelling on what caused it, but rather how to gain from the opportunity to do something right.

I know my 2p thought is tiny compared to the gajillions who also have emotions and things to express. I'd just want a nice memorial done remembering the people and heros, not even giving one slight mention as to what caused the tragedy.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• NYState_of_Mind

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 08:19:32 AM »
I'm glad they made you feel inspired.  I still can't believe the towers are not there.  While driving home from the beach today and going over the Whitestone Bridge the images of the skyline haunt my mind....  

As for the opinions of New Yorkers -The New York Post held a poll to which design was the favorite and it was the Memorial Promenade (which is also mine). I just hope the decision is not rushed and thought through from A-Z....
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg

• NYState_of_Mind

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 08:13:06 AM »
Just read this article and thought it was interesting.

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62808,00.html

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab