Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Send, Surrey  (Read 4299 times)

• Liked: 0
Send, Surrey
« on: September 06, 2002, 01:50:31 AM »
Is anyone familiar with the village of Send, in Surrey County?  We have found a house online that looks like it might work for us to rent.  The property agent informed me that the primary school is about a 5 minute walk away, and there are a few shops close by for essentials.  Nearest town centre and train station is Woking.  We are trying to see if one of Bret's co-workers can check out the property for us, but I wanted opinions on the village and area itself.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Re: Send, Surrey
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 08:10:42 PM »
Send is a nice villagey place between Guildford and Woking.  My only concern would be that if you're not driving, it's quite a distance to town or Woking and you'd be far from shops of any size.  

• Liked: 0
Re: Send, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 08:44:38 PM »
Thanks for the info.  We had a friend check out the area and the house today.  She said that the primary school is quite close, there are a few shops (Sainsbury, wine shop, mini-mart) w/in a 5-10 minute walk, and Guildford and Woking are just minutes down the road by car.  So, if we decide to get the house we should be quite comfortable even if I don't start driving right away.  It would be so nice to get something set up for housing so we don't have to do that right away when we get over!  We'll still live in a temporary place until we get our shipment, though, I think.  We might send our shipment over before us, too, to lessen the time we have to wait.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab