Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pepto Bismol a controlled substance???  (Read 3424 times)

• Liked: 8
Pepto Bismol a controlled substance???
« on: April 19, 2004, 10:13:51 AM »
Why isn't Pepto available OTC here?   ???

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Pepto Bismol a controlled substance???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 10:18:46 AM »
Been eating too much fast food, eh?  ;)

Is it available here? I didn't even know it was! I bought a huge bottle in the States a while ago and brought it back. Fortunately I haven't needed it much so it's lasted so far.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 10:41:20 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen it on the shelves of my local Tesco (no in-store pharmacy there).
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 11:14:25 AM »
Couldn't find it at Asda but I know I've seen it behind the counter at Boots.

There's Imodium and Philip's Milk of Magnesia (depending on what your tummy problem is...) OTC here, though.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 11:55:35 AM »
DH bought some last weekend and had to answer a million questions about why he needed it and whether or not he'd used it before.  The only times I've seen it here have been behind the counter (Boots and ASDA)...never out on display!  Just wondered if there's some reason why it's "controlled"....I've never known anyone with a Pepto addiction!  ;-)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 12:48:55 PM »
I find the whole questions thing a bit odd. I had a cold in March and had to answer all sorts of stuff for some run of the mill cold pills. The UK is just a lot moe cautious about medications which in many ways is good. It's just odd to us when it's things we're used to in the medicine cabinet at home, like Pepto! We're probably thinking, 'I can assure you, I don't want to take any more of it than necessary!' I don't mind it much but my Mom loathes the taste!  :)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 08:19:56 PM »
Don't let the questions put you off.  I got the third degree today just for buying 12 hour ibuprofen!!!   :-\
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Sponsored Links