Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello from Wiltshire  (Read 1248 times)

• Liked: 2
Hello from Wiltshire
« on: December 08, 2002, 10:10:03 PM »
I've been on this site awhile but a recent post by Leah has shamed me into introducing myself.

I'm Stephanie and i've been in England now for almost 8 years. I married my penpal and moved over here to live in North Devon, but things didn't work out (either for Devon or the hubby). So now i'm divorced, but living with Dennis in Wilts. We have two small boys, ages 3.5 and 2 and they keep me busy and broody, if you can imagine that. I'm a stay at home Mum until they start school but I am a bit eager to get back into work and talking to grownups again. (Playgroups don't count).

Oh yes, I was born in Iowa but migrated to Calif as a small child and grew up in San Jose. (Do you know the way?) My last job was in San Francisco, which has spoiled me for any future employment. Love that city to bits.

I don't get home very often (money and children) so I probably get more homesick than i'd like. But things are getting better as I meet more Yanks, especially the ones on this site (glances in direction of LisaE...) Believe it or not, I only heard about this site by eavesdropping on someone's conversation at the Embassy but it's been a welcome friend.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Re: Hello from Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 12:59:41 AM »
Hello newbie...;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay amongst us!

Tell me which movie star I remind you of...lol

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 10:36:54 AM »
It's really bugging me who you look like! But it'll come to me in a flash of inspiration.  Maybe you should post a photo of yourself for a refresher.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• En Vino Veritas
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 11:39:36 AM »
Hey Hopster,

You know if you need a See's candy fix to help with the homesickness you can holler anytime after January and I can hook you up chica  ;D

I'd mail you a Max's Macaroon or the NY style chocolate chip cheesecake but I don't see either of them holding up well in transit  ;D

Also we're in the same boat, went from being career chic in SF to a stay at home mom in England (talk about your life changes) so if you ever need to talk my dear, I'm soooo here for you.

(As for Frank, I've heard he bears a strong resemblence to Telly Savalas....it's the lollipop thing I hear  [smiley=devilish.gif] )

Red
You're a daisy if you do........

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 01:46:48 PM »
Lol hiyas Hop.  Welcome to the site.  ;D

Frank kinda bears a resemblence to Antonio Banderas in Interview with a Vampire.  (Now we know why elle REALLY married him!).

rofl
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 07:09:39 PM »
Feisty
No one ever seems to take my hints on sending See's. I've even looked into it online but $30 for a lb of nuts and chews seems excessive even for me. But now i've got a friend who's hubby goes to Palo Alto quite a bit so he gets my fix.

I brought a box home in Sept and had half a piece everyday until they were gone.  Sheer Joy. No one can touch See's! It's not Xmas without some of those white boxes lying about......

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 07:19:25 PM »
LOL Hopster, I guess I should be saying welcome...  but since you are a normal regular here...  I think I will just say...  well its about bloody time young lady...  

Glad to see you have fessed up on who you really are [smiley=inquisitive.gif]  :D

anyway...  nice to meet you![smiley=sunny.gif]

Michele  
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 08:17:15 PM »
(As for Frank, I've heard he bears a strong resemblence to Telly Savalas....it's the lollipop thing I hear  [smiley=devilish.gif] )

Red

Who loves you baby ;)

Frank kinda bears a resemblence to Antonio Banderas in Interview with a Vampire.  (Now we know why elle REALLY married him!).

rofl
wench

lol Looks at Wench's neck and licks lips Thank you.  You have a nice neck by the way [smiley=uhoh2.gif]

OK I'll post a picture of myself at some point and then you can all decide lol

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 09:52:50 PM »
Antonio Banderas? Oh no, Francis has lovely pointy features and a handsome, prominent chin.  Sortof like an elf (don't some Brits look like an elf?) but much prettier!  Really, that actor will come to me. I'm still thinking John Travolta is close to the mark!!!!!!

• Hi Ya!
    • Welcome to our website
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2003, 10:51:39 PM »
Hi Stephanie.

I live in Wroughton, near Swindon in Wiltshire.  I have been here for 3 years now.  I work in Swindon for Nationwide Building Society.  
I am originally from Southern California... San Fernando Valley area.  I lived in Hayward, SF Bay area for 6 years before meeting my English hubby and moving here.
I have 4 grown children, 3 boys who live in So. Cal., and a daughter who lives with her Navy hubby and MY two grandchildren in Japan.
Where did you work in SF?
I worked for Oracle in Redwood Shores.

Jody [smiley=curtain.gif]
The spark in your soul is the centre of your whole existence
And it is bigger and stronger than any government or king
                                              -Runrig-

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab