Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Immigration to UK ?s (HELP)  (Read 2408 times)

• Liked: 0
Immigration to UK ?s (HELP)
« on: December 10, 2002, 04:16:54 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I've just found your forum and am hoping that someone might be able to offer some advice and hopefully some reassurance.  

I was married to my English husband (who resides in the UK) in Sept of 2001 but I have been back in the states (except for visits) since then.  I had to settle legal issues regarding my two children which I've done this past summer and fall.  I won full legal and physical custody of my children, was granted a moveaway order, and made it so (on the court order)  my husband has my ex's full permission to adopt the kids, etc.  I was also making plans to leave here for good no later than March, 2003.  

But after all that, just as we tied all this up, my husband lost his job there in the UK.  He hasn't been able to get another as yet and he thinks it isn't likely to change til at least after the new year.  But even then, it may take a while because his skills are so specialized.  

My question(s) is, can they really keep us from immigrating since we are married?  And he is adopting my kids?  Are there no provisions for this sort of situation? As soon as I get him a copy of the court order (still waiting for the formal one), he is planning to start precedings for adoption with the High Court even though we aren't there.  

I am feeling really hopeless at this point, that it may be another 6 months to a year before we can move over there (or worse).  If anyone knows anything that may help us or at least reassure me that this isn't the end of the world, please let me know.  I do know this isn't the end of the world, but it feels like it.  

Thanks,
evie  

Re: Immigration to UK ?s (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 10:48:40 AM »
Welcome to the site!

You must have the patience of a saint, evie.  I can't imagine being married an not being able to be together for so long!  It must be such a relief to know this period in your lives is nearly over.

You'll be glad to hear that your husband's losing his job should have no effect on your getting your marriage visa.  The reason for this being that you will be getting a spousal visa, not a fiancee visa.  They are two very different things.  

With the fiancee visa, you would have to prove that he could support you and your children for a period up to 6 months, or that you had funds to support yourself for that time.  Reason for this is that with the fiancee visa, you are not allowed to work.

The spousal visa allows you to work immediately, so if need be, you could go out and get a job to support yourself and your children.  Your husband is eligible for financial assistance so you aren't expected to support him as well.  

HOpe that makes sense and puts your mind at ease a bit!  Good luck and let us know how you get on!

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 11:44:46 AM »
:o :o :o
woah.  Sounds you've dealt with a whole lotta crap in the early days chica.   [smiley=hug.gif]

I don't really have anything to add to Wish's post, just wanted to say welcome and good luck.  :)
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 06:32:39 AM »
dear sir/madam,
I am Talluri Aresh.
I am from India.
I have completed Master of Science (M.Sc) in Computer Science.
I have 3.5 years of exp. in Software(IT) Field.
I am looking for a job in UK or ABROAD.
I AM LOOKING FOR SPONSERSHIP PERSONS.(work visa OR permit)
What are necessary documents requires get in work visa
        (or)JobSearch Visa?
Please help or advise me to get in visas.
Is any help to your side?
I hope your message is very valuable for me.
i am very poor.
pls.help me .
Thanking you sir/madam,
                             Yours sincerely,
                                    Aresh.
I am waiting for your mail
mail to:

aresh_talluri@yahoo.com

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 03:31:37 PM »
dear sir/madam,
I am Talluri Aresh.
I am from India.
I have completed Master of Science (M.Sc) in Computer Science.
I have 3.5 years of exp. in Software(IT) Field.
I am looking for a job in UK or ABROAD.
I AM LOOKING FOR SPONSERSHIP PERSONS.(work visa OR permit)
What are necessary documents requires get in work visa
        (or)JobSearch Visa?
Please help or advise me to get in visas.
Is any help to your side?
I hope your message is very valuable for me.
i am very poor.
pls.help me .
Thanking you sir/madam,
                             Yours sincerely,
                                    Aresh.
I am waiting for your mail
mail to:

aresh_talluri@yahoo.com

Welcome to UK Yankee Aresh.  

I am unsure of how much anyone here can help you.  If you are in need of a work permit then obviously you will need to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you.  You might also want to check out the Immigration website and see their page on Work permits found here: http://194.203.40.90/default.asp?pageid=1558

Best of luck!

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2002, 01:36:51 AM »
Evie you might want to look into the EU Human Rights legislation "Right to Family Life" if you run into any problems with your husband's job status. He would have the right to family life and have his wife and adopted kids live with him - not sure exactly how it could be applied in your case but I do think it can help you guys to look it up in case it comes in handy. Good luck.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab