Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally we too can have rules, guys!  (Read 13154 times)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
  • Liked: 0
Finally we too can have rules, guys!
« on: December 11, 2002, 02:00:12 PM »
Guys, we always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.

These are our rules! Please note ... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us moaning about you leaving it down.  :P

1. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

1. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.   :o

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Don't cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.   >:(

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!  :D

1. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes -- tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

1. Yes, and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.   8)

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.  That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.   ;)

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.  In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.   ???

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We  refuse to answer.   :-X

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway;  it's genetic.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.   :-[

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of   mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about   you.  

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

1. Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what the heck they're saying anyway.)

1. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz   together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

1. BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

This should get the juices flowing!!!!    [smiley=curtain.gif]
Dial 0800-HELP-SPOUSE when in need (members only)!

• En Vino Veritas
Re: Finally we too can have rules, guys!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 03:35:07 PM »
You know my husband hasn't been logging on as much as he used to...and then I saw him here today...Now I know why !! :-*

LOL - I'm afraid Tim may come home with this list blown up to a 30x40 wall hanging.

Thanks Glen !
You're a daisy if you do........

• Help - I married a Californian...
    • Moving Stills
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 03:54:49 PM »
You know my husband hasn't been logging on as much as he used to...and then I saw him here today...Now I know why !! :-*

/quote]

I'm only here for the entertainment value.
_tim

#traceroute life.liberty.pursuit-of-happiness

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 04:01:17 PM »

I'm only here for the entertainment value.

That's not the first time I've heard that response  [smiley=devilish.gif]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 04:02:06 PM by feistylilredhead »

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 04:42:51 PM »
oh glen what have you done......ill have to keep steve away the site now    [smiley=wacky.gif]
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 08:44:07 PM »
as Bruce Hornsby once said...

.....it's just the way it is .

Pam   don't worry about me seeing stuff that all us guys know anyway.
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 08:44:12 PM »
Each and every rule shall be burnt into my mind and from hereon they shall be as the 10 commandments to each and every spousehouse occupant!!

lol :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 08:46:20 PM by Nefandous »

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 08:58:54 PM »
OOPs  I posted on the uvver 'arf's  ID again!   I'm sure you guessed .

Glen,  we know your story, but I bet any newcomers are wondering why a Belgian Beer, has  a caledonian lion as his avatar with a dutch slogan underneath (I think its dutch isn't it?).....   such is the diversity of life and the international mingling of personality on this friendly site!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing everyone  the compliments of the season !!

...anyone fancy a beer?
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 09:25:25 PM »
Glen,  we know your story, but I bet any newcomers are wondering why a Belgian Beer, has  a caledonian lion as his avatar with a dutch slogan underneath (I think its dutch isn't it?).....   such is the diversity of life and the international mingling of personality on this friendly site!!!!!!!!!!!!

...anyone fancy a beer?

It is actually a Flemish lion.  I'll have two to take away please! (beers that is)

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 12:39:29 AM »
that's the problem with opening one's mouth without having researched the whole situation!   Now I know !

..but they kinda look similar don't you think?

Your beers's on the counter... good health
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2002, 12:47:14 AM »
Forgive him Glen.

Steve has the cuuuuutest little Caledonian Lion clutch purse (Versace) which matches these frisky little pumps he just purchased...he was telling us all about them last night on chat.
I'm sure the recent clutch purse conversation is what tripped him up. Happens to me all the time.
DKNY...Donatella....Caledonian....Flemish...<sigh> amazing a girl can keep it all straight. [smiley=devilish.gif]

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 03:52:25 PM »

I'm sure it did darling..... eerrr, hmmmm, but WHO was the COOL person that sent it to YOU!!!   [smiley=bandana.gif]  I think perhaps she might be related to you or will be by law anyway..in the very near future..
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• having one of those days...
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 07:16:49 PM »
two things...

no one said anything about EVERY DAY being sports day!!  orb puts the tv or radio on every day.  currently it's snooker every day.   ::)  at least he has relented in watching some american sports (NBA, to be precise!)

another thing...columbus discovered america, but was actually trying to find india/china.  things have not changed in over 500 years.

;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003, 08:08:45 PM »
Guys, we always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.

These are our rules! Please note ... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] ;D
ROFL...  Hmmmm, I have been on this site a long time now...  never really came into this area because my soon to be spouse is not here and did not wish to intrude...

Since I am sitting at desk eating lunch I thought it would be fun to kill time by reading some comics...so I decided to come to the spouse house...  after all where else would the comic relief reside  ;D

I probably should not open up this topic again...[smiley=wiseguy.gif]  but I wanted to state that it is sad :'( that the spouses have given up their standup comedy...  it really does make for some fun reading...

Are you all that afraid of us women that you allowed a few little constructive corrections to stop your fun? Come on...  

Of course it is easy for me to try and wind y'all up considering Tom has not been in here yet...  :D But, I would welcome and enjoy his banter as well if he did; knowing that being the species of male...  it is hard for y'all to come up with logical and reasonable problems with the women you love and adore... hense you dream up all these ficticous traits that you as men seem to assume all women have in common!

Have a nice day! thank you for a very enjoyable read for lunch
[smiley=book.gif]
Shel

PS...is the reason for all the number 1's because that is as far as you can count?
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• I hate Mondays too!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2003, 04:54:15 PM »
PS...is the reason for all the number 1's because that is as far as you can count?

Nope, we just hope by numbering them all 1 that you ladies would at least remember one of them.  It is not to confuse you, you see.   ;)

Sponsored Links