Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NHS  (Read 1413 times)

NHS
« on: May 07, 2004, 04:05:51 AM »
OK, really quick and sorry if this has been covered a million times.  I will be getting my Visa and coming back to the UK at the start of June.  Can I go to any Doctor and register with them and then get my NHS card sent to me afterwards? (I know a few weeks later)  Do I need to bring my passport with me for this?  Anything else to do or can I just go to my husbands Dr. or whoever?
Thanks so much!
Stacey

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: NHS
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:58:38 AM »
Just go to your husband's GP and tell them you want to register as a new patient.  They should accept you - they'll give you something to fill out.  My GP submitted my info to NHS for me and we got our cards in the post months later - but it's no big deal because no one ever asks to see the card or what the number is.  ::)

I took my passport to show my settlement visa, but nobody wanted to see it.  Just said, "If you're living here, you're eligible.  Fill out the paperwork and bring it back in."

But I would take it just in case.  Can't hurt to have it on you.

Oh - and I had all my records regarding birth control with me from the US.  I had been getting Depo shots at Planned Parenthood since Jan 2001 and wanted to make sure I was able to continue them without any lapse.  Was a good thing I brought them, because they still administer the shots in the butt - I'd been getting them in my arms and they continued with that since I had my records.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 12:11:02 PM »
Just ditto-ing what peedal said. I got registered when I was over here on my fiancee visa with no problems at all, the didn't want any paperwork or anything.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 02:17:44 PM »
Oh thank you!  At least one thing in this whole process seems to be easier!!!  We are hoping for a baby soon, so I didn't want to run into any problems with that!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab