Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Diet Sabotage!!  (Read 2695 times)

• Liked: 2
Diet Sabotage!!
« on: December 11, 2002, 10:18:04 PM »
How many of you have this problem?  I must admit the other half is the biggest culprit. He can't stand eating goodies on his own (and he shouldn't be either because he's got a good stone to lose as well) so he is constantly offering me things, especially at night when he's bored and in front of the telly. I finally have to yell at him not to tempt me and then he sulks off.

But also other women, I find, will do anything to get you to eat with them.  Especially if they have weight issues.  When I was dieting down after having babies, I found that other women I knew (not close friends, but rather acquaintances thru playgroups) didn't appreciate me not joining in with the cake and coffee session. I think it seemed to spoil their fun.

Anyone else come across this?  Also, on my last visit home, no one mentioned my weight loss, except my thin friends. (And I was at least 30 lbs less than the last visit so it must have been a wee bit noticeable!)  
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Re: Diet Sabotage!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 11:10:28 PM »
My friend Kevin (the one I'm going to visit in NI) is always getting onto me about what I eat...telling me I need to not eat sugar and eat only healthy foods. Then he turns around last week and posted a box of chocolates to me. ::)
I don't know that he was trying to sabotage my diet but it worked..lol.
But I did notice last year when I lost the 70 lbs I had friends who suddenly stopped hanging around with me. And believe me I was nowhere near bragging about my weight loss...so it wasn't as if I chased them away. I was still overweight even after losing that much so it's not like I was thin. But now that I've gained the weight back they're all coming back around. :-/

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 03:01:11 AM »
While Tom was here, it was just no good trying to stick to my plan...  he loves his sweet tooth and is very much the Tea and bisquit man...  I will have a hard time learning to change my ways around him...but I must.

Some say that a man will keep feeding you even if they talk to you of losing weight... because some feel that as long as you stay the same, they feel safe that you will not be whisked away from them.  

This is a topic that I know I need work with....the evidence was plain to me after 2 weeks of sweet breads and our last day together as we went to chick n ruth's famous deli in annapolis for 1/2 lb crab cake sandwiches and deliciously fried onion rings...  completely bad...  but OOO was it good!

So, before I get married and move to England...  the land of sweets and meat pies, I need to learn how to control my urges with the original thin man...  lol

After all, I am determined to beat him up the cheviots one day.

We need to put our heads together and find a good alternative to please both our men and our waist lines... ;D

shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 09:59:19 AM »
I have come across that same situation with people trying to feed me as they feed themselfs...augh! lol  I have to agree with Hopster - I think it ruins their fun to see someone not joining in on the food fest. If there is one person that is trying to diet, it makes the people around them think too much about where that doughnut is going to land! lol And for me that means right smack dab on my butt! lol

What I find works the best when people are enjoying foods I know I shouldnt is this - I dont mention the word diet. I dont make a big deal out it at all...I just say no thanks, Im really not hungrey....I just ate....and then drop it. As long as I dont mention Im dieting, it seems no one feels the need to sabatage me. ( Evil people! lol )

It seems to work the same with men...... I just act like its no big deal that he is eatting evil food.....evil food that will surly go straight to my butt.... I have gone so far as lied - "Oh no thank you, I really  do hate chocolate chip cookies.." lie lie lie......lol   Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesnt..but thats life right?  :P

Michelle

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 10:46:04 PM »
When I first wanted to lose weight, everytime I'd say that I was gonna diet or that I was fat, David would buy me Ben and Jerry's icecream.  Evil!  [smiley=devilish.gif]

He's also very thin, but convinced that he's fat and I'm not.  lol!  

Now tho he's been very very incouraging and even given up his weekly brownie batches in an attempt to encourage and help me (tho I'm gonna make a batch just for him as an xmas present).  He's proud of me no matter what size I am, but now he's actively trying to help me out.  Mebbe someday I'll post the incentive he's got for me to get down to my ideal weight.  ;D

wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 11:39:39 PM »
Ahhhh, yes Wench...isn't it nice when the man that adores you seems to wear blinders of Love... and all he visions before him is beauty...  

the best part of that is with his visions...  you feel beautiful and when you feel beautiful something seems to click inside of you that brings out the superwoman of strength to strive for that beauty.

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab