Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Parents Allowing Thier Kids To Pee In The Street  (Read 12199 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Parents Allowing Thier Kids To Pee In The Street
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »
I saw a little girl peeing at a Dublin bus stop one day. I'm sorry, but the mother could have at least taken her away from where people were standing. Nope. It rolled down the sidewalk for everyone to walk through.

• Because he's a surfer and i'm a scot!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »
Oh, this brings back terrible childhood memories of my mother picking me (in a weird way so that I was squatting in mid-air) and carrying me to the side of the road for a pee.  She did it all the time.  Now, this was nearly 40 years ago so maybe things have changed but I know it was common in those days for toddlers to go in the street. 

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »
I've sometimes seen parents hold their kids over a drain and letting them pee.  It's quite bizarre.  It wouldn't bother me unless they were peeing on something other people had to touch (like the sign the OP talked about) or was right in the middle of the pavement. 

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »
We were down in London about this time last year doing the passport thingy for my toddler when my hubby nudges me to look his way and  :o across the street from us without any shame theres a full grown adult with jeans pulled down pissing in the street ... when this person finished his business the jeans came back up and they casually went about their business as if nothing happened ! I cant remember exactly where we were but the street was busy  [smiley=puke.gif]. My stomach wouldn't have rolled as much if this would have been some mom and a kid . Also I think we would judge this mom a little worse if the kid went in his clothes and had to walk around in front of us until he could be changed .
... She's as bright as the sun at midday and twinkles like a star at night ...

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
I think my biggest issue with it was the lack of discreetness and the blatant disrespect of other peoples property.  I understand kids don't come with much warning when they want to go to the toilet and in exceptional circumstances the call of nature has be done outdoors....but she could have taken him away from the view of everyone else...and to instruct him to pee on someones property and then vent verbal abuse at them is vile behaviour.  Poor kid stands no hope with a mother like that. Her foul language left little to be desired.  

Imagine if you saw a mum instructing her kid to pee on your car..you would be a little miffed about it.  

I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Fehr Trade
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »
ugh, this really bothers me! I've never had an encounter until a few weeks ago (and thank god it wasn't as confrontational as the OP!).

I live on a big Dutch barge moored in the Thames by Tower Bridge. Our mooring has a keypad entry on the gate, and you walk across a bunch of barges with walkways and gardens on top to get to the various boats. It's absolutely beautiful and has been featured in a bunch of gardening magazines, and we only open up to the public for one weekend out of the year for Open Garden Squares Weekend. We throw a big party and welcome the visitors and have a bakesale for charity and generally make it a village fete atmosphere.

So after killing myself baking several hundred cupcakes and cookies and selling them all morning, I sat down in our front room to have lunch with the door open (as I do when it's nice out). And then I see, just at the entrance of the neighbour's boat, a man pulling down his toddler's trousers, about to instruct him to piss into the river, right at our neighbour's front door, not 2 feet from several hundred garden visitors, and in a place where the kid could very easily fall into the river! So I stepped outside and said "Excuse me, could you please not do that? People do live here you know." And he seemed shocked and pulled his kid's trousers up and answered back something about being told to pee there (an absolute and utter lie!!) and went away.

I mean, really. I hardly go and piss on his front door! And there were toilets available on the moorings if he'd actually asked anyone, as well as about four pubs and restaurants within sight he could've gone to. It really was the only downer on the whole weekend, and reminds us again why we don't let random outsiders in to our nice little floating village. :(
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
Fortunately, I have only seen a child pee in the open here once, and it was sort of a questionable situation. It was along the bank of the River Ouse, which is a woodsy/nature-y type spot so in that way it is acceptable.

However, there are pedestrian and cycle paths along the river bank and people are always walking/cycling to and from work or to and from the town centre, and the little boy was weeing out in the open where everyone could see, which I thought was kind of odd.

I have seen drunken adults pee in public, which is another thing entirely.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »
in egypt, the guy that used to live down the way from me sells veggies, and he has his cart and donkey pulling them along, anyways one day coming back from my job, i seen him weewee and he didnt wipe his hands or anything, just contuined to serve his customers...i used to enjoy buying what i thought was clean and fresh veggies that way but from that moment on, i used the large supermarket. i swore off veggies for about 3 months..... :-X

• Banned

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 03:34:30 PM »
I think my biggest issue with it was the lack of discreetness and the blatant disrespect of other peoples property.  I understand kids don't come with much warning when they want to go to the toilet and in exceptional circumstances the call of nature has be done outdoors....but she could have taken him away from the view of everyone else...and to instruct him to pee on someones property and then vent verbal abuse at them is vile behaviour.  Poor kid stands no hope with a mother like that. Her foul language left little to be desired.  

Imagine if you saw a mum instructing her kid to pee on your car..you would be a little miffed about it.  

Horrible, horrible example to teach a child to be so disrespectful of other people's property and to have such little self respect. Unbelievable. I did see this a few times in the bigger cities when I was in the UK (mostly adult men) and it was really shocking. It was treated like common and acceptable behaviour, which I found was the most shocking part of all. I realized that there were relatively few public restrooms compared to the amount of people, but there are ways to be discreet and not disrespect others or their property. I don't mean to bring up the US vs. UK, but I've never seen this problem here to that degree, even the homeless are more discreet.
We are a nation that has a government -- not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the earth. Our government has no power except that granted to it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.
Ronald Reagan

�In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.� - Thomas Jefferson

• Conservative for the moral good of mankind
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
It is very disgusting!  I don't mind when parents are out and about and find a tree or bush to hide in/behind, but to blantantly openly is wrong!

I still work at the first job I ever had when I moved over here 5 years ago. This is in a retail shop. A woman and her very young daughter came up to the till to pay. She said something to be about just popping over to the corner for a sec.  When I had a look to see what she was doing, she had brought along a porta potty type thing for her small child, sat it on the wooden floor next to our tea shelf, pulled the child's pants down and told her to sit. I was gobsmacked!!  It actually didn't sink into me what was happening until my manager spotted it and had a quiet word with her!!
"Be completely humble and patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2

"All that is necessary for evil to win the world is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
Oh, this brings back terrible childhood memories of my mother picking me (in a weird way so that I was squatting in mid-air) and carrying me to the side of the road for a pee.  She did it all the time.  Now, this was nearly 40 years ago so maybe things have changed but I know it was common in those days for toddlers to go in the street. 

My mom did this to me too! I cursed her years later when I moved to Africa and had to learn how to squat as an adult.

• Edinburgh, baby
    • Kate's 365
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »
During my first trip to Prague in 1993, my father and I took our Czech friends to one of the nicest restaurants in the city (very cheap for us at the time, but shockingly expensive for the locals). A very posh party of rich Czechs was sitting next to us - all dressed immaculately to the nines. Imagine my amazement when one of the women grabbed her wee boy, pulled down his trousers, and made him pee into a potted plant next to the table!!  :o  I've got a pretty relaxed attitude to public peeing, but this was unbelievable!
Ok, so I'm smug.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 08:07:30 PM »
I don't mean to bring up the US vs. UK, but I've never seen this problem here to that degree, even the homeless are more discreet.

Well, I did once see someone change a baby's diaper at the table at McDonald's in the US - not in the restroom, on the table where people eat.

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »
with regards to the UK vs US thing, my parents next door neighbours always let their kids pee in the street if they are out playing...

So I have seen it plenty in the states!

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »
My cousin pulled over on the highway because her young son needed to pee. He was confused and asked, 'You mean like a cow?' He proceeded to moo the entire time he was peeing!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab