Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British Citizenship - Waiting Time  (Read 248137 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: British Citizenship - Waiting Time
« Reply #1200 on: February 22, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »
My letter came yesterday!  ;D

Congrats Phatbeetle!  I knew you would have it before the end of the month.  8)    Have you scheduled the Citizenship ceremony?
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #1201 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
Thanks - I have been bouncing!  ;D

My full timeline is:
Basis of citizenship- work permit (5 years) + ILR (1 year)
NCS appointment: Wednesday 8 January 2014
Documents arrived at the Home Office: Thursday 9 January 2014
Debit taken: Saturday 25 January 2014
Letter dated: 16 February 2014
Letter recieved: 21 February 2014
Ceremony date: 27 February 2014!! (lucky me, got in so quick!)  :D 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #1202 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
Woo Hooooo! Congrats PB!  ;D ;D ;D

• I made it here, so far so good!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #1203 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
My letter came yesterday!  ;D

;D Congratulations PB!!! It's been a long journey for us WP holders!  ;D
Moved from Washington DC to the Orkney Islands November 2007
Received ILR October 2012
Received UK Citizenship April 2014

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1204 on: February 24, 2014, 02:18:18 PM »
Thanks!  ;D

;D Congratulations PB!!! It's been a long journey for us WP holders!  ;D

Indeed!! Especially when they started to faff about with the amount of money you had to make to stay and occupational codes  and not being able to change jobs and being tied to your employer and the worries of being kicked out if you lost your job (I was in a risk pool and that was really scary!).  But all worth it in the end!  (And at least I didn't switch from a student visa or anything making it even longer)

Hahaha -I threw the lady at the registrar's office- She asked if I were bringing guests and I said "Yes, bringing one" and she said "Your husband?" and I said, "Nope, not married!!"
I take it she must not see to many worker bees make it to citizens.... 
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 31
« Reply #1205 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
Woo hoo! Congrats PB!
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #1206 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:53 AM »
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #1207 on: February 25, 2014, 09:59:58 PM »
Congrats to all the latest successful applicants for naturalization.  Thought I would share my daughter's citizenship timeline. 

11 November 2013  ILR approved. Because of the timing of her student visa, FLR(unmarried partner), subsequent marriage and then ILR, she was eligible to apply for naturalization immediately after receiving her ILR. 

18 November 2013  Appointment with document checking service, application submitted

17 January 2014  UKBA fee for naturalization taken from credit card

Sometime between 17 January and 22 February, invitation to ceremony received.  Daughter and her husband were house-sitting for friends, and when they went back to visit his parents, where they have been living for the last few months,  the UKBA letter was there waiting for them.  You think the in-laws might have called and said, "Oh, you have something from UKBA here". This was just this last Saturday, so she called first thing on Monday to schedule her ceremony.  She was given a date of 12 March. 

Big sigh of relief . . . 

« Reply #1208 on: March 23, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »
Becoming increasingly worried about when I might receive my Invitation Letter (the blessed brown envelope)...

Date of application (received in Liverpool): 13 November 2013
Acknowledgement of receipt letter dated: 12 January 2014
Date of debit card charge: 5 February 2014

Today is 23 March and I still haven't had any communication from the Border Agency (now renamed the UKVI).

Should I be optimistic that it will arrive very soon?

• Liked: 2
Re:
« Reply #1209 on: March 23, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »
My timeline so far:

13th March: Checking service appointment

And that's it so far :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #1210 on: April 10, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
Yesterday, I went to my local council for my appointment at NCS and the application should be with UKBA today.

I'm probably worrying about nothing but aside from the application form and a copy of my passport, no other documents were required. I thought I would have to provide my P60s, letter from employer, marriage certificate/civil partnership certificate.

I've been here for 9 years first on an unmarried partners visa and I then switched to the EEA track since my partner is from the EU. I received my residence card in 2007 and then the permanent residence card in 2012.

It seemed too easy and the person at the NCS didn't inspire me with confidence. I know they are not immigration experts but I thought we'd go through the form in a bit more detail and some of what she said to me was very odd. She was thrown I think because I'm American and my partner is European and at first said I was eligible.

One of the reasons why I'm worried is that I need to renew my US passport asap. It expires later in the year and I have travel plans in June. It takes four weeks. Should I hold on to it?

Any thoughts?

« Reply #1211 on: June 05, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
My full timeline is:
Basis of citizenship- work permit (5 years) + ILR (1 year)
NCS appointment: Wednesday 23 April 2014
Documents arrived at the Home Office: 25th April 2014
Debit taken: Saturday 01 May 2014
Acknowledgement Letter recieved: 06 May 2014

Waiting for approval..........

« Reply #1212 on: February 02, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
ILR 5 years+ 1 year indefinite

Applied through solicitor 28/5/2014

Money taken of account 20/6/2014

Today is 2/2/2015 and still waiting after 8 month...

Any thoughts on this??!!...  Thank you

• Liked: 342
« Reply #1213 on: February 13, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »
ILR 5 years+ 1 year indefinite

Applied through solicitor 28/5/2014

Money taken of account 20/6/2014

Today is 2/2/2015 and still waiting after 8 month...

Any thoughts on this??!!...  Thank you

I posted about this delay/change earlier on this board. It's all about actually checking now to see the applicant is of Good Charcter, which is part of the UK citizenship requirements.  i.e. complied with all your visa stipulations in the past, not overstaying, not entering the UK illegally, not taking welfare or NHS when not allowed, commiting crimes in the UK including cautions, crimes in other countries, not working when not allowed, not hiding things on any visa applications ect. I read on another site they were checking the criminal record of the referees too, but I don't know if that is true.

UKVI recommeded that all applicants be checked manaully and this is what they doing now for every applicant. Although the UK can remove citizenship from anyone who has a claim to citizenship of another country even if they don't actaully hold that citizesnship, it is easier if they don't give it in the first place. Unlike other western countries the UK doesn't (yet) check an applicants history in the UK and other countries, before they allow a visa.

Unfortunately for some, unlike this site where posters recommend US citizens don't use deception on any visa application, that you pay for your NHS use if not allowed it, don't overstay ect, not all sites do this. There are some very worried posters on other sites because UKVI relied on self declation in the past (when they put their application in). The odds of risking £900 has gone against them now and it is a 10 ban if deception is used on any visa application.

UKVI are trying to get everyone completed in 6 months but this manaully checking of everyone and every aspect, is all taking time. From what I am seeing on other sites, those applicants who UKVI have found to fail the Good Character requirement, either receive a refusal or they get a letter saying they are under further investigation if their application is over 6 months. Everyone who said they recieved this letter, have admitted they would fail the Good Character test. Others are posting they have had UK citizenship removed for using deception.

Those who used deception in their application are banned for 10 years. Those who were honest about their Good Charcter failures, are banned for 10 years from when the incident took place i.e. overstayed in 2008, banned from UK citizenship until 2018.

Nothing to worry about if you are of Good Chartacter.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:35:30 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab