First...love love love Marmite!
Had never had it before living in the UK, but hubby introduced me to Marmite on toast. I even came to like Marmite crisps and Twiglets (I know...I been told, "so YOU'RE the one who likes those!"). And yes Liz, it was great for when I was preggy and couldn't stomach anything else in the morning!
Now to the topic...
* I highly agree with the "turning on red" thing, ESPECIALLY in Southern California! And along those lines, if you're on the freeway here and are going anything less than 75, you better stay in the slow lane (that's the far right one kids!).
* When you go to the supermarket, you don't have to pay for parking OR the cart (trolley). And the checker will be courteous, smiling, and STANDING, while THEY bag your groceries.
* When you go out with a group, they'll divide the check up to the penny...including tip, and according to only what they ate. I have to admit that when we did this with native UK-ers, they would just split it all down the middle. You guys are so nice!
* Kids are involved in about a zillion activities, and carpooling with other moms is encouraged (which is one reason for all the SUVs!). We don't have children yet, but we have the SUV!
* And speaking of which, you could NEVER get by without 2 cars, let alone not having one at all! I still tell all my friends the story of when we were just here visiting for Thanksgiving and therefore borrowing Mom's car. We were trying to go see a friend of mine who lived about 20 miles away, but Mom was going to need the car that day and hubby said "Why don't we just get a cab?" Everyone looked at him in disbelief!
* And Honey, my friends are still giggling about your RED Versace jeans.