Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Issue with Visa4uk: Receiving an error.  (Read 8332 times)

• Liked: 0
Issue with Visa4uk: Receiving an error.
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:51:43 AM »
I have logged in several times and had to change my appointment due to waiting for paperwork to arrive from London.

Today, I went to change my appointment with my unique Appointment Reference number but i keep receiving this error, 'The Application Security details you entered could not be validated.  You may try again ensuring the information you enter is correct.'

This is the not the password error but my unique reference number i received in my email.

I have no idea what to do, since the appointment for the biometrics is tomorow but without the needed booking information printed out or the guaranteed arrival of my documents from London, I am perplexed as to what to do.

Does anyone know what this error means? 
What I lose out on the visa fee I have already paid?

Levi
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:52:43 AM by Levi »
Leviathan

Re: Issue with Visa4uk: Receiving an error.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:18:51 AM »
I am sorry you have having this trouble..  I changed my bio appt several times but never got an error so I can not help you with that.  But I do believe that if you complete the appt and do not have your documents into the consulate within 10 days then you will forfeit the cost you paid to date and have to reapply.

Which number have you tried? I have looked back thru the E-Mails I received when I applied (around July 15th) and I received an Appointment Confirmation E-Mail with my unique Appointment Reference number but I do not believe that was the number I used to log in and change my appointment.

I actually used the 'Unique Application Number' that was sent to me with the E-Mail subject "visa4uk - Completed Application"..... Which number are you trying to use?
11 Aug 00 - Married (Living in US)
25 Jul 08 - Spousal Visa w/ KOL Stamp Approved
01 Oct 08 - Arrived in the UK
05 Mar 09 - ILR Approved (In Person Appointment ~ Liverpool Office)

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:44:49 AM »
I have tried both but to no avail (VAR and GWF), I never read anything stating the ten day rule.  There was a seven day rule for an uncompleted application, and at the end of that span of time you would have to reapply.  Once you have completed the biometrics you have two weeks to have your documents posted to the consulate.

My only other option is to go to my biometrics appointment, without my booking information but I have my printed out application.

Is it possible to change an appointment at the biometrics center?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:54:38 AM by Levi »
Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »
Right.. two weeks = ten days

The E-Mail that you receive tells you not to take that E-Mail but the actual confirmation that your print from the completed section.  Not sure what to do if it wont let you back in there to print it, sorry!

I also wouldn't know about changing it there since it is US ran I doubt they have the capability of knowing how to change it.  I have however seen on here where people have showed up days before a scheduled appointment to see if they could be fit in and there was no problem with that.... but not sure if it works the same when you show up after a scheduled date.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »
Is anyone else seeing a glitch with the website?  It worked fine for me yesterday.  Remember is is case sensitive.

But I don't think you need any documents for the biometrics test - certainly none from London.  And if you don't have your appointment confirmation but have ID I doubt they would refuse to see you.

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
The documents I am waiting for are bank statements that have to be sent to NYC Consulate within two weeks of completing my biometrics.  I was hoping to delay the biometrics until I had received the documents.  Instead of putting myself on a deadline but now I can't log in and still haven't received the needed bank statements and payslips.

I am surprised the Visa4uk site didn't warn of such a rule of ten days to complete the biometric upon completing the online application, if there is such a rule I was never informed and wouldn't have spent $1082, until I had all of my supporting documents.

I did the online application a week and half ago.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:22:00 PM by Levi »
Leviathan

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
It is not 10 days from the submission of the online application to do the biometrics... it is 10 days from the date you do your biometrics to get everything into the consulate.

I believe reading somewhere on here that somebody had actually had to postpone the biometrics something like 4 times and pushed it back like a month.

The only problem is that you say you can not log in to change your date/time and I don't know how you would get around that.

And if you don't have your appointment confirmation but have ID I doubt they would refuse to see you.
Vicky

What would they stamp for you to send in with your application?  When I went for mine I took the printed confirmation (not the E-Mail) and there was some kind of bar code on it.  They actually used that bar code to scan and that paper is what they stamped and signed and is what I sent in with my application.  If you don't have that what would they give you to send in?

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
I have my application printed, which has my GWF number and then a barcode above it. 

I now see why people get frustrated with technology, its the lack of an option to contact a human being to resolve a simple matter.

I started another application and saved it, and was able to log back in, my problem directly stems from my application number and appointment number.
Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »
I have called the company who has processed my payment, and they are unable to find where I paid, I have decided to play it safe and just reapply for the visa and wait for the documents to come in the mail.  I don't want to have to repay for the visa fee again.

I have decided to contact my bank, and have the bank solve this by contacting the merchant to refund this payment due to a problematic process and leaving me no choice but to reapply for my fiance visa.

I will post all the contact information, for the company who process the orders once this process is finalized (have returned from the bank), to help avoid the frustration this has caused.  Nevertheless thank you ancmc and Vicky for the support.

Best advice I can give now, DO NOT USE A ATM CARD; USE A CREDIT CARD.  Lucky I used a credit card. 

I will rewrite this and make post once I get all the information together.

Levi

« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:15:06 PM by Levi »
Leviathan

• Banned

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 12:07:51 AM »

Mountains and molehills.  You didn't need to do this.

Vicky 

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 03:02:47 PM »
What are my other options?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:14:40 PM by Levi »
Leviathan

• Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »
Attend the biomentrics and then wait for the documents to arrive before sending everything off.

Vicky

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 03:14:13 PM »
I called the consulate and I called worldpay, they both tell me to contact the other to get it resolved.  The fact still remains I have two applications for one visa and both costing me $1082.  I don't have the information required to gain entrance for my biometrics, for the initial biometric appointment.  I even tried to call the biometric organization and were unable to give me any answer besides repeating their policy and stating they were not apply to make appointments outside of those setup online.

When I contacted the visa4uk support staff, they told me there was nothing they could do to fix the log in issue.  I used the same information three times to login and change my appointment and now it is not working .

I don't know what else to do. 

If I could speak to a human on the phone in regards to Visa4UK I feel this issue could have been resolved in three minutes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:21:19 PM by Levi »
Leviathan

• Banned

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »
I don't understand why you didn't just turn up to the appointment as advised.

Vicky

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
I can not guarantee, that I will receive my documents in two weeks.  By going to the appointment, that leaves to chance the arrival of my documents and further complicates attempting to get an extension (on the two weeks) or having to refile because of not being properly prepared before attending the appointment for my biometrics. 

I left to chance receiving the support documents from my fiancee's employer (pay slips) and had to reschedule three times and on the four time I was unable to log in.  I can't take anymore chances and as they say, 'Chance favors the prepared'.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:52:21 PM by Levi »
Leviathan

Sponsored Links