Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone ever use or heard of MediVisas to obtain their visa?  (Read 4957 times)

• My Page
  • Liked: 0
Anyone ever use or heard of MediVisas to obtain their visa?
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:38 AM »
I'm currently going through the visa process and have looked to a professional service to help me through all the legal steps.  I came across two sites that seemed very popular in my search.  UK Immigration and MediVisas were listed everywhere.  I'm going with MediVisas because they're cheaper and will give me 50% of my money back in worse case scenario I dont get my visa.  Does anyone out there have any general feedback about this type of service?  Should I even be paying for this when I can do it on my own?  Is this a good idea to let someone do it for me?  Having representation does it make things smoother?  Any feedback at all would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Jon  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:13:59 AM by jonlester »
Jon Lester

Re: Anyone ever use or heard of MediVisas to obtain their visa?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »
Hello there Jon!

Having just gone through this process on my own and getting approved today  (YAY) I can feel safe in saying unless there is something that's going to complicate you getting a visa you may as well save money and do it on your own. Then again I am a skin-flint. Whether you use a service to put your visa together or not, you will still have to do all the legwork and answering all the questions. I am not sure what a service does other than collate materials and make sure you have your wording right etc... unless as I said above there is something that red flags your application to the IO. There is a fantastic site I found that helped me through getting my own stuff together it's URL Is listed below in this post.

I know that there are several people here who have used a courier, which is different than what you are talking about I believe. The courier just takes it as your personal representative to the consulate and gets it through faster. More people can explain what that is about or you can type in a search word to bring up posts involving them.

I am by no means any sort of expert other than I have done it myself, other people may feel and think differently about it. I would suggest you do research on it until you feel confident you are doing the right thing for your own situation.

Just my 2 pence
CJ

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/about.shtml
7/28/08 - Online Visa App. Completed [smiley=computer.gif]
8/20/08 - Biometric Apt. (Sup. Docs Mailed)  [smiley=smug2.gif]
8/25/08 - LA Consulate, App. & Docs Received  ;D
9/04/08 - 2 Emails: 5 & 10 days wait notice  [smiley=confused.gif]
9/18/08 - 1 Email: 12 weeks wait notice  [smiley=puke.gif]
9/21/08 - Consulate phoned to ask departure (said Oct. 24th) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
9/22/08 - @8:51AM VISA APPROVED OMG!!! [smiley=hug.gif]
10/25/08 Land in England!!![smiley=laugh4.gif] )
1/03/09 - Tentative wedding date

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:09:14 AM »
It really depends on the type of visa for which you're applying.  Medivisas is owned by our own Vicky :)  who obviously has a load of experience with immigration and visa applications, so if you want to use a professional service, especially if you're making a Tier 1 application or your situation is complicated in some way, then they're a good one to choose!   

However, if you look through the threads on this board, you'll find that Vicky (and others) will have given loads of invaluable advice on the various application processes already, so if you're applying for a straightforward spousal visa or work permit entry clearance, hiring representation to make an application for you may not be necessary.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:13:40 AM »
I am using their services in the UK for my spousal visa.  It gives me piece of mind and takes the worry out of my life.  It is an individual decision, but for me with the stresses of working and moving house, I would rather have someone else make sure everything is in order, worth every penny.  She does full applications or document checks.  She is personable and wise in the ways of immigration.  Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

• Paul & Terri O'Neale
    • Special Start Birth
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:10:28 AM »
Use her! Trust me on this one. We used Vicky for what should have been a straight-forward ILR, but there have been unforeseen complications. She has been/is my sanity. She is the best.
Terri P O'Neale

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »
I'm going with MediVisas because they're cheaper and will give me 50% of my money back in worse case scenario I dont get my visa. 

Hello!

I am 'MediVisas', and as this is a spousal visa, I will probably be the one dealing with your application.  ;D

The '50 per cent back' is news to me, we don't usually do that anymore, but I'm always happy to negotiate!  Please e-mail me on victoria.sharkey@medivisas.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

And thanks for the kind words Terri and Melissa. :-*

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab