Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend  (Read 42585 times)

Re: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
Awwww did you see me??? LOL...I saw myself twice...momentarily...........

No :(  Which scenes were you in? 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »
Not yet but my boyfriend went on set to fix all the IT systems they had and was there for a couple of days, so we've been waiting for it to come out for awhile! :)

Not going to see the Ian Drury film now - only on on this Wednesday at 11.25 PM - so much for that..... :( 

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2010, 09:50:24 AM »
Saw Daybreakers yesterday. It was okay. DH hated it. It was a fairly interesting plot which could've been better executed and there was a lot more they could've done with it, in my opinion. If you like vampires (or just fancy Ethan Hawke or just find Willem Dafoe's acting to be hilarious) then it's worth a watch, but I'd probably wait for dvd.  ;)

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Almost at the end where after the play is over and everyone stands up for the standing ovation..I am like the 4th row back with a big white fox stole on...lol ..you blink you will miss me...hahahah

You can see me momentarily in the promo film as well....

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2010, 01:05:50 PM »
Almost at the end where after the play is over and everyone stands up for the standing ovation..I am like the 4th row back with a big white fox stole on...lol ..you blink you will miss me...hahahah

You can see me momentarily in the promo film as well....

That was you, lol!!!  How cool!!!

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
Avatar..wasn't sure if I was going to like it..but I got sucked in and loved it and the 3 d
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

• Liked: 163
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »
Avatar..wasn't sure if I was going to like it..but I got sucked in and loved it and the 3 d

I finally got around to seeing it last week.  Like you, I wasn't expecting to be that impressed, but I wanted to see 3D at the theater to see what it was like.  I was pleasantly surprised by Avatar; I thought it was pretty good overall, and it looked amazing.

« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
I've been watching movies lately, saw  A simple man, The lovely bones and An Education.

I really loved "An Education" although I didn't like the end, it was really well acted throughout and very well paced. I feel that the end really distracted from the film as a whole though and kicked it down a few notches for me, I don't understand why they felt the need, but still very watchable and enjoyable.

A simple man was excellent, intriguing and interesting the entire way through with a great ending, one of the few films I've seen this year which had no serious flaws. Loved it. I haven't got much to say about it, it just needs to be watched.

The Lovely bones...well I liked it as a film, but it's all very nice and quite lightweight. I think Sebold's novel works because it contrasts the terrible with the wonderful, like there's a passage where Susie watched over as her sister loses her virginity, and the balance of Susie's joy of her sister's happiness and her recollections of her own terrible experience is perfect.
There was none of that in the film, it was all a bit nice (as much as a film with this subject matter could be) and much of the different dimensions of the characters was taken out.
The dad for instance has more of a reason for his behavior, rather than in the book he just falls apart (more realistic) & the removed plot line with the mother.
Still watchable though, certainly not terrible.

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
My Oscar push continues with "Crazy Heart" which was a thoroughly average story with 2 incredible performances, seriously, Jeff Bridges..fabulous and an amazing soundtrack, I love "weary kind" I hope it wins best song.

Crazy Heart is really interesting until about a 1/3 of the way through it, and then it just loses momentum into quite a pedestrian story, and the end doesn't do it, nor the vivid characters justice. Parts of it are simply wonderful though.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:59 AM »
Just saw "When in Rome" at the flicks. Excellent feel good movie. Very funny and very good casting.

I know I could have posted in the Entertainment forum.

« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2010, 01:15:02 AM »
Just saw "When in Rome" at the flicks. Excellent feel good movie. Very funny and very good casting.

I know I could have posted in the Entertainment forum.

I'm rewatching What Dreams May Come. Lovely film with Robin Williams
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

• Liked: 3
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
Went to see "True Grit" last night and it was excellent, the 14-year old girl in particular...Hailee Steinfield, a name to look out for.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »
Yes.  We saw it on Valentine's Day and I loved it.

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »
Not sure if this one has been mentioned (since I didn't have time to read this long post) ;D  But the Linoln Lawyer was phenomenal! Terrific acting by the whole cast and thouroughly enjoyed Matthew McConaughey as the fast talking, sly and very human Mickey Haller. If you haven't rented it I suggest doing so.. If not for anything else to see this sexy man shirtless! hehe
Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »
We saw A Better Life last night and it was the best film I've seen in a while. Highly recommended to anyone who has lived in the Los Angeles area.
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

Sponsored Links