Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend  (Read 42625 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
I highly recommend Slumdog millionaire,good underrated film , deserves all it's plaudits

I'm not sure it could be classed as "underrated" considering all the critics are praising it!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
oo good  :D me and you have very similar film tastes  :)  I shall be drinking left over mulled wine from christmas whilst watching it.   ;D

Well? What did you and Mr. Plumits Daughter think?

Isn't Daniel Craig HOT?!?

• Liked: 12
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2009, 08:19:38 PM »
Oh, that Striped Pyjamas one is about a concentration camp, I think.  Don't know how its rated but could be depressing.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2009, 09:45:14 AM »
Well? What did you and Mr. Plumits Daughter think?

Isn't Daniel Craig HOT?!?

It was realy really good  :D..every now and then I noticed his accent would slip and the British one would slip through, but that was only the odd occassion, The film itself was brill  ;D 

Now...lets discuss Daniel Craig....I actually don't find him that attractive..I try..but its not working for me!  The only film I saw him in and I thought "Ding Dong" was Layer Cake  ;)

:)
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
Slumdog Millionaire.  

This is brilliant.  Spellbinding.  

• Liked: 2
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
Oh, that Striped Pyjamas one is about a concentration camp, I think.  Don't know how its rated but could be depressing.

It's actually from a book written for older children..or maybe younger teens. I saw the film and yes, thoroughly depressing but good. I saw a lot of teens there in the cinema when I saw it.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »
"The Reader" book tracks all the main characters and general plot pretty closely, but the book paints the guy as much more of a jerk than the film.

In the novel, the guy spent the rest of his life hiring prostitutes to imitate his memory of Hanna putting on her stockings.  The film shows Hanna putting on her stockings, but never refers to it again. 

In the novel, the guy goes to speak to the judge to explain that Hanna was innocent of writing the report because she couldn't write, but when he meets the judge they just engage in small talk and he never says anything about Hanna's illiteracy.  And that pretty much condemns her. 

Also in the book, he had lots of sexual fantasies about Hanna as a sadistic SS guard.

So the guy was actually a pervserse twit, but in the film he's portrayed as normal.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
"The Reader" book tracks all the main characters and general plot pretty closely, but the book paints the guy as much more of a jerk than the film.

In the novel, the guy spent the rest of his life hiring prostitutes to imitate his memory of Hanna putting on her stockings.  The film shows Hanna putting on her stockings, but never refers to it again. 

In the novel, the guy goes to speak to the judge to explain that Hanna was innocent of writing the report because she couldn't write, but when he meets the judge they just engage in small talk and he never says anything about Hanna's illiteracy.  And that pretty much condemns her. 

Also in the book, he had lots of sexual fantasies about Hanna as a sadistic SS guard.

So the guy was actually a pervserse twit, but in the film he's portrayed as normal.

Gosh, I didnt interpret him as a pervert or a jerk at all in the book... just weak.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »
I'm not sure it could be classed as "underrated" considering all the critics are praising it!

well it was at first before everyone started praising it  ;)
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a good film. Loooooooong, but good. It's sort of Forest Gump-ish.

And of course the ending is sad but I loved it. I'd recommend it if you have the time to spare.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
Slumdog Millionaire.  

This is brilliant.  Spellbinding.  

We saw it last night.  Couldn't agree more.

Vicky

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »
We saw it last night.  Couldn't agree more.

Vicky

Slumdogs raises the bar.  I'm going to get the OST for it.

Now see "The Reader"!!!!

• Banned

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
I know you have been nagging me about this for ages, but Dan is not playing ball!  He wants to see 'The Wrestler', and we both want to see 'Milk' and 'Frost/Nixon', so I fear 'The Reader' will have to wait for the DVD...

Vicky

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »
Australia.

This has got to win an award for cinematography or some such. 

The lead actress is an Aussie who plays an Englishwoman and does cut-glass RP with Aussies for an added twist of irony. 

• Banned

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
It's Nicole Kidman, one of the most famous women on the planet (and Tom Cruise's ex).

Vicky

Sponsored Links