Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Noisy Neighbors  (Read 4086 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: Noisy Neighbors
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »
If English is not their first language, you need to consider if a letter written in English will be effective or not?
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »
If English is not their first language, you need to consider if a letter written in English will be effective or not?

Good point.  I have no other option as I don't know where they are from! I'll make it as clear as possible though.  All I can do is try!

• JennyI
  • A Stranger in a Strange Land

• Obamarama
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »
Only my 2 cents Chica, but I would report them.
If there is nothing bad going on fine, but if there is a problem you may be doing them a favor. Plus, whatever is going on is disrupting your life and your personal time/space so I would take action.
Good things come to those who wait...a really long time.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 01:12:22 PM »
And if there is nothing going on then you have reported innocent people and made their lives hell because they have a loud child who they let stay up late.

Why not talk to them first?  Or to your landlord?  Why jump straight in and call Social Services?

Vicky

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
They could be shouting because they (or one of them) has hearing difficulties. They may come from a culture where exuberance is valued. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Be sure of your motives. Grassing up a family to Social Services simply to punish them for being loud is a despicable thing to do.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »
I think you should speak to them (or your landlord) first.

Let us know what happens.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 07:40:38 PM »
I put a polite letter in their door last night explaining that we have thin walls and that we are often disturbed by noise coming from their flat, and just asked them to please keep the noise down in the evening.

This is step one.  If it continues, then I'll try to speak with them face to face.  Hopefully they'll be considerate and just quiet down.  Thank you all for your comments and advice, I do appreciate it! And will keep you updated if anything else happens.

Sponsored Links