Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Customer Service or Actually a Lack Thereof?  (Read 6450 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Customer Service or Actually a Lack Thereof?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »
However, I'm glad I no longer live in a country where insulting someone else is equated with standing up for people's rights.

If the girl in the shop was insulted, that's her problem.  WebyJ didn't insult anyone. And actually, this statement is a heck of a lot more insulting than anything she posted she said.

It actually sounds a lot like you're insulting a whole country of people because you feel the girl in the shop was wronged.  So maybe sweeping generalisations aren't the way to go...

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 09:36:29 AM »
[MOD NOTE]

OK.  Let's leave it, people.  Different people have different opinions of how situations should be handled.  NObody was there except the OP.  And that includes the people who agree with her. 
Keep in mind that if you post on a public forum you're going to get opinions that you might not want to hear.
Now, move along.

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »
meh, I dont think the problem was in the cashier at the till, but the 5 or 6 other employees standing around with their thumbs up their butts. 

Regardless of culture, It's not painful to be friendly and treat others with respect and courtesy. 

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »

So maybe sweeping generalisations aren't the way to go...

Brits don't know how to provide good customer service vs. Americans are spoiled and stomp their feet like children (figuratively) when things don't go the way they think they should

Both are sweeping generalisations that I've heard

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab