Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: bank account, national insurance, driver's licenses, dentist and doctors......  (Read 567 times)

• And I thought tax returns were hardcore.........
  • Liked: 0
  • Location: Do not dabble in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Phoned working tax credits and had to talk a woman through writing a letter basically highlighting that I specifically stated for the record that my husband had NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS! This letter was sent to a referal department as the lady I was speaking to, despite being a manager had no idea.
Woman seemed relatively clueless regarding the whole thing, should it be a joint claim, should it be a single claim etc so we related on that one and had a moan about the various systems clear as mud wording together.
Noted lady's name, date of phone call etc and await referal departments decision.

phoned the job centre and was given a number to call about obtaining national insurance number. Called it and a very friendly lady took passport number, few other details and said we would hear back within seven days and if not gave us a referance number and telephone number to hassle them with.

Went to the doctors and filled out a purple registration form, J was given an introduction pack and another hassle number should a medical card not materialise by the end of the week.

Phoned NHS dentist, registered over the phone and J was told to come in for a check up next thursday!

went to lloyds TSB branch with no appointment and had my new husband added to my now joint account with just his passport and visa.

J signed up with 2 employment agencies, just photocopied his passport and visa .

Paid £50 for online provisional drivers license and then sent j's photo, signed by my friend who's a nurse and has known J almost as long as me, with his passport ,visa and printed online app by recorded delivery to DVLA.

All in all, today has gone almost too smoothly! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab