Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometrics and ID Cards for FLR(M) and FLR(S)  (Read 47410 times)

• Home for good!
  • Liked: 1
Re: Biometrics and ID Cards for FLR(M) and FLR(S)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »
I posted my FLR(M) today, 05-01 with guaranteed delivery tomorrow, the 6th.  I realize that I need to now wait for a biometric appointment.  Does anyone have any idea what the processing time is now for the postal apps? 
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR
15 Mar 2010 filed for ILR based on bereaved partner
02 Jul 2010 Received ILR!!!!!

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 11:09:08 PM »
Any guess really, you are one of the first to apply for FLR(M) via post since the Bio introduction that is posting on this board.  Sorry you are the experiment.  :(
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Home for good!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
I'll make sure to post my status changes then
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR

• Banned

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
I've had a few already.

You will get a confirmation of receipt in two weeks, maybe less, and with this will be a letter telling you to book the biometrics within 15 days.  They will continue to process the application as usual during this time.

Vicky

• General Emulation
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »
I've just gone through this process myself for the FLR(M) just yesterday at the Birmingham PEO. Generally, the way it's done is, you come in, they issue a ticket to you with a number on it as well as what I believe is a home office reference number (attached is a picture of mine). You then are called to one of the counters (1-5, typically). You speak to a worker there who asks for passports of the applicants (including dependents) and the passport of the spouse. Then they ask for the pictures that were required and the marriage certificate. Oddly enough, the application asked for additional documents (birth certificates of applicants, previous marriage docs and proof of it's legal dissolution, if any, and financial information). However, when we were there, they did not ask for any of this, and it was explained that all of that would have been verified during the consideration of the entry clearance visa.

After this, they send you to counter 6 (which is a cashier) where you make your payment. You then go back to the waiting area and get called to either counter 9 or 10, and biometrics are done. From there, your application is put into a consideration phase, and usually between 20 minutes to an hour, you are called back to one of the counters 1-5 and told of your result (you know before you leave if you got approved or not) and then it's explained that you'll receive an ICFN (identity card for foreign nationals) and that this will be in the mail and should take no more than a week to come in. They also give you a letter which formally explains your rights from this point and also gives details about the identity card as well. From this point, you're able to leave.

Mine was just approved yesterday (and took about an hour to be considered and approved) and now I'm just waiting on the card to come in. ;D

[nofollow]   [nofollow]   [nofollow]

• Home for good!
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Congratulations to you General Plot.  Glad you got yours.  Mine was sent by post so the procedure will be a little different than yours.  I would have liked to have applied in person but because of my husband being on public funds felt that it wasn't straight forward enough and as per suggestions on this board, decided it would be better to apply by post. 
13 Aug 08 Fiance Visa
17 Oct 08 married
06 May 09 FLR

• My blog!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »
I've just gone through this process myself for the FLR(M) just yesterday at the Birmingham PEO.

Thank you SO much for sharing!  Just to clarify, you did the In Person Premium Service right?  Please update us when you receive your ICFN.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

• General Emulation
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:58 PM »
Thank you SO much for sharing!  Just to clarify, you did the In Person Premium Service right?  Please update us when you receive your ICFN.
This was indeed the premium service, as I didn't have time to wait around on the postal application process. The PEO did have a monitor that showed for each category what the status was of each person waiting, and showed by ticket number. I don't remember all categories, but I do remember there being separate sections for postal applications (essentially people just needing to get biometrics done before mailing in their application), as well as premium service queue for each phase (interview, biometrics, and consideration). I'll let you know how long it takes to get the card and exactly what it says I am entitled to and any restrictions it may list on it. ;)

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 12:45:59 PM »
Slightly different procedure at Croydon:

(wait in line before and after security)
1: Go to one of several reception counters to ensure you have the absolute necessary docs for a potentially valid application (signed application, photos, passport)

(wait in line)
2: Go to cashier to make payment

(wait to be called)
3: Go to biometrics registration counter to get your passports & application & payment receipt checked, and your details are input into the system (assume this part is setting up the skeleton of your biometrics file)

(wait to be called)
4. Go to one of 4 biometrics counters to have your fingerprints scanned and photo taken.

(waited for an hour to be called)
5. Go to actual ECO counter to be considered.

ECO asked for application, photos, passport, marriage certificate, and both our bank statements for 3 mos. She took these docs and left to go do something, returned 10 minutes later to tell us our application had been approved and to expect the id card in the post in 7 days. She was surprisingly friendly, but then she was young still....

Hope this gives a good picture of what to expect.

Di

• My blog!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »
ECO asked for application, photos, passport, marriage certificate, and both our bank statements for 3 mos. She took these docs and left to go do something, returned 10 minutes later to tell us our application had been approved and to expect the id card in the post in 7 days. She was surprisingly friendly, but then she was young still....

One pendantic thing, Immigration Officer (IO) not Entry Clearance Office (ECO).  You are already in the country.  ;D

Okay, Garry.  You got me.  IOs only work borders.  So Immigration Case Worker might have been a better term.  But ICW doesn't roll off the tongue, now does it?  ;D

[Edit: To clarify Garry's slightly more pedantic pedantism then myself]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:30:26 PM by kitsonk »
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »
Skitt's Law Alert.  pm sent  ;D

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
Yay!  ;D I learned a new immigration term!  ;D

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
Not sure if this has already been asked in other threads, but is there any other means I can book my Biometric appointment?  The Customer Contact Centre number is always busy and doesn't even give me an option to wait for an operator when available.  Been trying to contact them fro 3 days now and getting really agitated.

Would be a lot better if there's an online booking system where you can do this.  Anyone know?  Or is phoning them the only way?

• Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 11:45:18 PM »
Only by phone, unless you instruct a legal firm to go for you, in which case we have a different system.

Vicky

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
panic over.  Thankful that I finally got into a call queue yesterday and only had to wait 54 minutes.  Phew!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab