Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometrics and ID Cards for FLR(M) and FLR(S)  (Read 47414 times)

• Liked: 7
Re: Biometrics and ID Cards for FLR(M) and FLR(S)
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 01:40:07 PM »
Sooo...
If I need to apply for FLR in June and I was going to do a walk in appointment,(calling for an appoinment in April)  do I have to have the Biometrics done before then? Where do I go for that?

Confused again! ???
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »
All done at the same time.

Vicky

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »
Whew!!! ;D
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Liked: 0
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 09:51:16 PM »
Kitsonk your original post was RIGHT on the money and that is exactly what happend:) I recieved my card today YAY the exact day that I was told it would be here  ;D

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Hello all,

We're just wondering - we sent in a postal ILR (SET - M) application on the 8th of June.  My wife got her FLR (M) in 2007, before the ID card requirement came in.  From reading around the forums, I was under the impression that she'd get a letter to come in and do her biometrics as part of the SET(M) process, but it's been three weeks and no letter - have I got it wrong?  Are the ID cards only issued with post-2008 FLR applications?  Are we just sitting tight and waiting for the ILR to come back?

Gosh, I hope so, I'm vehemently opposed to ID cards for a start, and it would take yet another element of complexity and uncertainty out of this bit of the process - anyone have any idea?

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 12:57:40 PM »
Yes.  Only those applying now will need the id card.  Well, since 2008 anyway.  Don't worry about that one. 

I applied for my ILR in April. 

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »
There's no biometric requirement for ILR, and ID cards are only being issued to FLR(M) applicants at this point. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »
Thank heaven for that!  Now I can stop freaking that our postie has lost the biometrics letter!

Back to sitting on our hands waiting for the ILR to come back.

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 02:12:36 AM »
According to the UKBA website they'll start issuing them for ILR from April 2011.

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 07:31:11 AM »
According to the UKBA website they'll start issuing them for ILR from April 2011.

Can you provide a link to the page please, since I am unable to find the information you're referring to. It's a good idea that when providing new info to supply your source so people can see it for themselves.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 07:42:58 AM »
Sorry:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/managingourborders/compulsoryidcards/

On page 3 of the document "Introducing compulsory identity cards for foreign nationals..."

The info is over a year old, so it's quite possible that the dates have slipped.

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 07:52:41 AM »
Yes that is an old document, I'd be careful about touting it as gospel just yet. It's just a rough draft of what they had planned on doing. When you originally posted it I assumed you had seen an official announcement that they were actually going to start it for that category. Also explains why I couldn't find it...which is a very rare occurrence when I can't find something  ;).

Anything major like this would most likely show up in the News section of the UKBA site: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/news-and-updates/.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:56:27 AM by WebyJ »

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
Thanks for all the advice.  With any luck, by 2011 she'll have her UK passport and we'll no longer concern ourselves with whichever numpty Home Secretary is arbitrarily changing rules to sate the Daily Mail.

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Hi. I apologise if this question has already been asked, but I am interested in finding out how to apply for an ID card. I have been in the country since early 2009. I have done a search for UK ID on google, but can't be certain if the website is meant for British citizens or foreigners like myself. The reason why I'd like to apply for an ID is because I don't like using my passport for ID purposes, especially when sending it off for things like driving licence applications. It is also inconvenient to carry around something big like a passport. The last thing I want is to lose my passport.

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Unfortunately there currently is no option for voluntary enrollment for those not required to have one at this point (which is just for FLR(M) visas issued since November if my memory serves correct, and Tier 4's issued in country as well).

If you need another form of identification why not apply for a Provisional Drivers License?

Sponsored Links