Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Please make me feel better about humanity.  (Read 2977 times)

• Mrs. J.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Please make me feel better about humanity.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »
I completely think it has to do with demographics based on my own anecdotal evidence...

I live very near Detroit, which has a black population of 80%. There is a mall one mile from me. However, I drive 20 miles to a different mall when I go shopping. Why? The mall near me caters to the black population here, because they are the majority of shoppers. The mall I go to is in a primarily white suburb, and caters to their demographic of white middle class suburbanites. The brands, product lines, and even stores are completely different from one another. They both have a Macy's, but the one 20 miles away doesn't carry pepe, fubu, baby phat, or apple bottom, like the one near me does.

Even though it's annoying for me to have to drive an extra 19 miles to shop, I can't fault Macy's (or any business) for wanting to maximize their profits. Although, I do think their training leaves something to be desired if they actually coached that saleswoman into saying what she said. The woman insulted her own race! On a side note, I went shopping at the Macy's near me one day, and two little black girls called me a cracker. I just about died from a mixture of shock and amusement... :P

• Banned

• Liked: 0
Re: Please make me feel better about humanity.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 10:32:30 PM »

(but seeing that this took place in Austin, I bet you anything that it's also a divide between the two "branches" of Macy's. In Pasadena we have Macy's East and Macy's West and they carry very different clothes)

Yes, the Macy's closer to my home sells more to a mixed population as we have a large black, Hispanic, and Filipino population. The clothes are completely different to the Macy's closer to my parents' home 30 minutes away, which is a predominantly white area.
We are a nation that has a government -- not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the earth. Our government has no power except that granted to it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.
Ronald Reagan

�In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.� - Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab