Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: candy!  (Read 2118 times)

• larrrrry larry curlycurlymoemo e
    • Earl Apricot of Eisentrubble
  • Liked: 1
candy!
« on: May 16, 2002, 11:03:33 PM »
see me?  i'm craaaaazzy protractor-beard face... now give me some canday!

as some of you know, i've posted on the forum before about skittles.. (summary: yellow::good, green::same, therest::gottogo :-X)..

well today i tried starburst.   the purple ones were again a *major* disappointment, though in the states there are no purple ones.  the green ones were pleasing.  i thought the first red one i had was the best thing ever, but then subsequent reds did not live up to the first *at all*.  orange i'm completely indifferent about.

looks like i'm going to have to have somebody ship me some skittles & starburst fixes... tho those yellow skittles are pretty good here.

-s
"i being an animal don't know what an instinct is unless it tastes good" - Codfish Alice

"are you telling me you don't see the connection between government and laughing at ppl?" - anon.

• I love mankind...It's people I can't stand.
  • Liked: 0
Re: candy!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 06:24:03 AM »
Be glad they're at least called Starbursts.  When I first moved there they were "Opal Fruits".  [smiley=confused.gif]
Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts!

• what you talkin bout lewis?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 01:52:06 PM »
i realy miss sweedish fish....

you know...the red ''jelly' fish shaped sweets.....

i cant find them here......can anyone in the states send me some???

£££ REWARD ££££

Wanted...Sweedish Fish

£££ REWARD £££
wann sum chocky chippy cookie dough?

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 04:42:57 PM »
I'm coming over for a few days end of June - I'll bring some over and mail them to you from inside the UK if you want!

Love Swedish Fish myself, as well.  Another thing to add to my "stock up on" list...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2002, 12:06:24 AM »
as some of you know, i've posted on the forum before about skittles..

Guess what I saw today Earlapricot???  I thought about you right away.  Hmmm, hmm, can you guess??

Give me a S
Give me a K
Give me a I
Give me a T
Give me another T
Give me a L
Give me a E
Give me a S.... and what does it spell?  S K I T T L E S!!!! (regular and tropical)

Also saw Tootsie Rolls!!!  YUMMY..
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2002, 10:39:12 AM »
:D
are you talking good-old american skittles?  (they have something here that they call skittles, but they are: not skittles  :P).

whenever my mother sends me stuff, she throws some american skittles in the package, but it makes the package 8x more expensive to send.. skittles are heavy!   :-/
"i being an animal don't know what an instinct is unless it tastes good" - Codfish Alice

"are you telling me you don't see the connection between government and laughing at ppl?" - anon.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2002, 01:45:52 PM »
tootsie rolls? did someone say tootsie rolls??

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2002, 02:16:43 PM »
Yes, Tootsie Rolls....my favorite low-fat candy.  If you ever want to have a chocolate fix that's relatively low fat - Tootsie Rolls are the way to go.

Will pick up a couple of bags while I'm in NY for ya.  

As for the Skittles Earlapricot, no they were definitely Skittles.  I will pick some up next time I see them and give them a taste test for ya..
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2002, 03:05:12 PM »
:D

yay!  

Skittles are my ultimate comfort "food".  when i was in elementary school, i used to collect skittles bags (empty ones, of course)..

but when i had an entire trash bin full of skittles bags, some cat of mine decided it made a good litter box, unfortunately, so i had to throw them all away.  :P

thanks NY!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab