Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Should i bother contacting recruiters....  (Read 1074 times)

• Liked: 1
Should i bother contacting recruiters....
« on: June 14, 2004, 04:43:47 PM »
Before i arrive with visa in hand?  I'm thinking a month before or so?  I'd like to be interviewing as soon as possible and maybe i'm just antsy but i'd like them to maybe keep me in mind as soon as something comes up.

or i may just be dreaming.   :P

Re: Should i bother contacting recruiters....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 04:49:56 PM »
Hmmm, well, I kind of waited.  I was told no one wants to hear from you if you are not in the country.  However, I don't know how true that is.  I decided to send CV's out on-line and see what happened.  I'm still waiting!!!  I'm also still sending out CV's.  Just hoping the wait is not long.  (Not much use for Fundraisers in Guildford at the mo I guess!!!  I've applied for other things, but again, NADA!!!)

So maybe someone who actually has a job can answer for you, just thought I'd tell you what I've been doing.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 04:54:32 PM »
thanks.  i have a freind who knows a guy with his own marketing recruiting agency (that's what i do) so i may have a honest chat with him.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 05:02:57 PM »
Well then of course you should!!!  If you know someone, that is very helpful!  Does he have work in Guildford?  I could do Marketing ;D  I could do almost anything now!  Swee what not working for a year does to you!

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 07:39:50 PM »
It's worth having a chat with your friends friend but other agencies won't touch you until you have a visa. By the time you do they'll have most likely forgotten you.

My advice is wait until you get your visa then go apply at agencies on a Wednesday. Agencies get their jobs in on Thursdays. You'll be on top of the pile and the first they think of.  I also recommend applying at as many firms as possible. You have better chances.

Good luck hon.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 09:52:51 PM »
ash, THANKS!  that's great!!!!  i'll apply on september 15th!  lol.  my first wednesday there!  ;D

Sponsored Links