Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hiya  (Read 1258 times)

Hiya
« on: January 20, 2003, 02:15:40 PM »
Thought I had better introduce myself. I know some of your names from other forum.
My name is BJ and I was born and raised in Colorado. But I claim Nebraska as my home state now. Know there isn't much there..but the Cornhuskers. I like wild open spaces and peace and quiet. I'm not a big city person! Living in the South of England has been a unique experience for me. Only an hour away from London. My Husband and I are planning on going to the US and living. We have started the I-30 process. Doing all the paperwork...hubby getting a police check...medical...is a learning experience!
This is a nice forum...with lots of very friendly people.

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 04:37:45 PM »
Welcome to UKY BJ, nice to meet you... hope all your work to get back to states will pan out good for you...

I myself am waiting to go to england... unlike the majority here, I will be in northern england in the countryside...  country girl here...but you have me beat with the cornhuskers...LOL!

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 10:12:41 PM »
Hi BJ..Welcome to UKY!!  So, how long have you lived in England and what has prompt you to move back to the US?  I'm orginially from Alabama and have lived here now for almost year and a half.  It wasnt until we moved a little further out (from the London area) that I really started enjoying living here.  Good Luck with your move!
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 10:41:58 PM »
I have lived here in the UK for over 3 years now. My Hubby wants to live in the US. He has given me my chance to live abroad and now I want to do the same for him. It will be good to get back with family and friends.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 12:40:35 PM »
Welcome ms.bj. :)

Good luck with the moving preparations, especially the Immigration process. It astounds me, how difficult the process is for our spouses. Is this move to be permanent? I could see where a couple would sample both and then decide on a permanent place. Do you have children?

LRe: Hiya
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 12:27:25 AM »
Leah,no we don't have any children involved in move. I have a grown son..living in States  and hubby doesn't have any children. We are going to wait and see how hubby likes the States and will make a final decision...on where we will live permanently.  It is alot of paperwork to go to States..plus.....all the money involved in this process.  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 12:32:20 AM by ms.bj »

Sponsored Links