Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa - VAF4A Form Queries  (Read 9077 times)

• Liked: 0
Spousal Visa - VAF4A Form Queries
« on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »
Hi,

We will be applying for Molly's spousal visa later this month and have just a few queries about some of the questions on the VAF4A. I know there's a lot of these posts and apologies if they have been asked before or are simple (some are just so I have it straight in my head!). I have searched the forum and google but not found these answers:

- Part 4 Your Family 4.11 - 4.15
Even though I am the sponsor, am I correct to assume my details should be filled here as the spouse?

- Part 5 Finances and Employment
We are getting married on 4th April but applying in March so we can complete the biometrics before the wedding and send of the postal application with the marriage certificate straight away. Molly will be employed until the end of March when she'll resign to get married, go on honeymoon and move to the UK.

So the question is should she fill in her job details as we're applying electronically in March or put unemployed as she will be when the postal application goes in?
If she doesn't fill it in should she put her salary in the Income and Expenditure section as she will be paid at the end of March and be bringing some of that money with her?

Question 8.2.8 - Where is your sponsor now?
I assume the correct answer is "In the USA with me on honeymoon" or is the point of the question to state I am settled in the UK? As I won't be physically in the UK should I leave 8.2.9 blank or fill in my date of birth?

Question 8.2.8 - When did you last see you sponsor?
I assume "He is with me currently is the correct reponse"?

Question 8.7.7 - What is their employer's email address?

Is a HR address or my boss' address best here?

One final question regarding the fee increase in April. We will apply online and pay in March before the increase but the wedding and postal application will be in April after the increase - Is it likely to be refused due to the incorrect fee or would they ring to arrange balance payment?

Apologies again for the length of the email. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie & Molly

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Spousal Visa - VAF4A Form Queries
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
First you realise that you will only be filling out information online.  While the form does help you prepare, the online application does differ from the application and takes care of some of the "illogical" questions you mention below, where the paper form has to accomodate for a lot of different circumstances that can be addressed with an interactive form.

- Part 4 Your Family 4.11 - 4.15
Even though I am the sponsor, am I correct to assume my details should be filled here as the spouse?

Yes.

- Part 5 Finances and Employment
We are getting married on 4th April but applying in March so we can complete the biometrics before the wedding and send of the postal application with the marriage certificate straight away. Molly will be employed until the end of March when she'll resign to get married, go on honeymoon and move to the UK.

So the question is should she fill in her job details as we're applying electronically in March or put unemployed as she will be when the postal application goes in?
If she doesn't fill it in should she put her salary in the Income and Expenditure section as she will be paid at the end of March and be bringing some of that money with her?

The situation at the point where you fill out the form.

Question 8.2.8 - Where is your sponsor now?
I assume the correct answer is "In the USA with me on honeymoon" or is the point of the question to state I am settled in the UK? As I won't be physically in the UK should I leave 8.2.9 blank or fill in my date of birth?

Wherever you are.  As far as settled, you can still be settled in the UK if you are present, so "whole life" or your data of birth is acceptable.

Question 8.2.8 - When did you last see you sponsor?
I assume "He is with me currently is the correct reponse"?

Yes.

Question 8.7.7 - What is their employer's email address?

Is a HR address or my boss' address best here?

Best to focus on HR.  They are unlikely to check anything anyways, but if they do, it shoudl be someone in the posistion to verify something.

One final question regarding the fee increase in April. We will apply online and pay in March before the increase but the wedding and postal application will be in April after the increase - Is it likely to be refused due to the incorrect fee or would they ring to arrange balance payment?

Not 100% sure, but I think when you fill out and pay in March to do the biometrics and send the packet in April.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:43:37 PM »
J-Man, thanks for asking those questions, because I'm going to mooch off of you and use this as a learning opportunity for my own application :) And thanks for the answers, kitsonk, I was a bit puzzled by the question 'where is your sponsor now?' since I figured, yeah he's with me here, but do they want to know where he lives? Or are they talking about that exact moment in time? :P But we just have to remember that questions like that may not well be on the actual form *really hopes they're not*.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »
Kittenfish, those questions ARE on the online form. Not everyone's spouse is with them when they complete the application, mine wasn't. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:29:15 PM »
Kittenfish, those questions ARE on the online form. Not everyone's spouse is with them when they complete the application, mine wasn't. 

That's true, I was just referencing what my situation will be like, since my fiance/husband will be there with me, double checking my work I think :) I was just joking about some other questions on the form, even though I know they're necessary.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*