Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 216316 times)

Worse Than An IA
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
This is a new topic for the big things that go wrong.  Things that are beyone IAs but things that people might not want to start a new thread about.

Mine:

Redundancies have started at work.

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:31 PM »
I  have several.

Grandmother in hospital for going on 6 weeks after valve replacement surgery (open heart surgery).

Had a miscarriage.

Lost my job.

All in the span of about 3 weeks.  Yay me.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
I'm so sorry, Kristi. That's awful. *hugs*
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:40:18 PM »
Oh, Kristi.  That's awful.  I'm really sorry.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
oh Kristi, I'm so sorry :(

Mindy, I hope you get through unscathed x

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
Oh, Kristi - I'm so sorry. :(

Mindy - fingers crossed!

My WTAIA:  My dad lost his job last week.  No severance, no warning, no nothing - he showed up for work and was told the company had eliminated the department.  Chances of finding another job when you're a 59-year-old man with a high school diploma, a bad back and very few teeth, living in an area with double-digit unemployment?  Not so great.  :(

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »
I'm sorry all, big hugs....I think this thread may make me sad.

My Mom had a brain scan on Tuesday and we are waiting to find out if she has a brain tumor.  :\\\'( I'm scared to death and missing home at the moment. Even if she is fine, she is 70 years old and its really made me realise that one day she won't be here.

I've actually got a couple of other ones, but this is the most pressing....lets just say 2009 has not been good for my family.  :(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:16:47 PM by Sunnyflower »

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks everyone.   :\\\'(  The last couple of months have been very hard.

Hope everyone else's issues are resolved and people come through with flying colors.   :)
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »
On the basis of the blood results that diagnosed my low thyroid and a urine test subsequent to that, I've been 'invited' for a blood glucose test, to confirm their thinking that I'm also diabetic.

In addition to my hypertension.

Which means if I'm diagnosed diabetic I'll have to go in to have my cardiac health assessed.

Cool, more needles and prodding!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 845
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 08:21:30 PM »
Oh man, hugs to everyone!!

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »
Huge hugs to everyone!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
Wow.  I was going to post something here, but mine is nowhere near as bad as others'.

Hugs to everyone.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 09:56:47 PM »
2008 and the start of 2009 have not been great years for us but we're trying to stay positive as things are somewhat on a up-swing now (i.e. my DH is going to be here in a little over 2 weeks!). That said, my grandfather and grandmother have both been in the hospital in the last 2 weeks, my mother got laid off the day I arrived in the US, she needs to have her eyelid treated for a cancerous growth, and my aunt and cousin are both fighting bad depression.

Hugs to all. I hope things improve for everyone!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »
Big hugs to everyone - I'm sending out many many positive thoughts in every direction!  [smiley=hug.gif]

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »
I thought I was done being scared for the safety of my friends in Northern Ireland.  And now it has started again.  Small scale, maybe, so far, but it's enough to bring back all the memories and all the fear.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab