Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 216426 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #2475 on: October 04, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
Thanks everyone! :) She is doing fine, up and about, feeling okay. After losing my sister in July from a heart attack, my mind went wild when I first found out.

The last couple days of the trip were hard, but with assurances from my aunt that she was doing great, I was able to relax some. She is at our house, since she was staying here with Joey. She could have gone home already, but every other weekend she has a house full of people, so she chose to spend the weekend here, which is fine with us.

She is doing great, and was told she could return to work in a week, with very little restriction. She will have to take Plavix the rest of her life, but that is a minor thing (other than US prescription prices) compared to what it could have been.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 12
« Reply #2476 on: October 19, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »
The daily news is bad enough but it also seems that the personal lives of so many people I know are falling apart.  The latest is that the 5-year old granddaughter of a good friend has had brain surgery for a tumor.  While the doctors think it was benign she is still having symptoms and will probably have to have further surgery.  Hang in there, Chris and family. 
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #2477 on: October 19, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »
It seems so much more unfair when it is a little one going through all the medical hard times. Sending hugs to the little sweetie and her family.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2478 on: November 18, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
It's 8:30 and we should have left for ILR appointment. Still here, still waiting on my husband to get home with documents I've asked him to have the last three weeks. He's not showered or gotten dressed. He's somewhere trying to get those payslips. I started this application and document gathering a month ago so it wouldn't come down to this and here it is. I'm so mad you wouldn't believe.
Keepin' it real. Real annoying.

« Reply #2479 on: December 31, 2014, 11:07:39 PM »
Dad called a bit ago to tell me my uncle (mom's brother) passed away today. He was found when no one could reach him because they were all getting together at my aunt's to eat and hang out. So far there is no more news, as to cause, but it appears he passed in his sleep. He was 11 when I was born, so he has always been more of an older brother type figure in my life, too cool to be an uncle.

Having said that, we weren't as close in the last couple years, not mad at each other, just not as close. There are a million emotions swirling at the moment. I feel like I should head out and be with mom, but he lived right next to her, so her other three siblings are either at her house or headed there.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 134
« Reply #2480 on: January 02, 2015, 05:15:45 PM »
So sorry to hear that, TamaMoo.  Sounds like 2014 was a tough year for your family.  Hoping that 2015 is a little better.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #2481 on: January 03, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
Thanks. It definitely had low moments, and I think in a way we are all glad it is over, even though putting up a new calendar doesn't change all the emotions.

It also had some great moments, two of my cousins had little ones, and my great nephew, who was born in late November of 2013, has been a joy to watch grow from infancy to toddlerhood.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 134
« Reply #2482 on: January 03, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
Awwww, they sound lovely!  Keep looking at the positive!
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #2483 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:05 PM »
My 16 year old furnephew, Bishop, had to be put to sleep today. For him it was best, but my heart aches for Chris, and I am going to miss the little guy. He's had problems with his kidneys for a couple years, but his vet has been on top of it through his diet recommendations. A couple weeks ago, his sister Gabby went in to have her furnace removed, and came down with a respiratory infection while she was there, and the other three got it. All went to the vet, had medication for it, and the three younger ones all recovered just fine. Because Bishop was older and already had health problems he wasn't recovering. Chris was trying everything he could, and took him to the vet a couple times, but today the vet accepted there was nothing more to do and it was a matter of time. Chris loved him enough to let him go and be out of his misery.

― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2484 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »
Sorry, this is really long. And it's not even EVERYTHING that's going on. *sigh*

Okay, basically long story short we find a 3 bedroom house that allows pets that's close by and isn't ridiculously priced. We get offered the house out of about 8 or 9 other hopefuls. We apply and then we wait for them to get the required references. We're told this will probably take about a week because the bank holiday was the following Monday.

Two weeks later (this Wednesday), we still haven't heard anything and I call for the second time to see what's going on because we need to put in notice on our current house.

I get asked by AGENT if we had turned in all of our required bits of paperwork. Answer is a yes. She asks if I am in fact on probation at work? I am because I'm not at 6 months yet. Then get told she's going to make my husband a 'singular something' and do something and she'll call me back.

She doesn't call me back.

I wait a day and call again. Get told that we definitely have the house, we can come in and sign the paperwork and set what day we want to get the keys. I ask if I can call back the next day to give the date because I need to speak with my husband after work. She says that's fine.

I call in the morning, she's not there. Great. Agent didn't tell me that. I get told the person I'm speaking with can't help me, but the other person in the office can as he deals with the lettings as well. I say, "okay, please have him call me so I can give him the date we'd like to come in to sign the paperwork with AGENT." she says he'll call me back.

I miss his call, the one time that day I walk away from my desk without my phone, and he doesn't leave a message. I return his call.

This is the conversation that ensues.

Me: Oh, thanks for calling me back. AGENT said I just need to give you a date for us to sign the paperwork.

Him: Oh, that's not why I was calling you.

Me: Um, okay. AGENT said we have the house and just need to sign the paperwork and I need to give you a date for that.

Him: Oh, no. I'm calling because you must have another name than First MarriedName that your credit is under. It's First MaidenName or a Different Name.

Me: Uh, yes. My husband and I got married last year and a lot of things are in my maiden name.

Him: Oh, well. We'll need you to supply a 'something by deed poll' in order for us to do a credit check on you. (I don't remember the right term)

Me: ........ Well, you mean like our marriage license?

Him: Yes.

Me: Well, it's been over two weeks since we applied but I'm pretty sure if AGENT had needed our marriage license she would have made a copy then.

Him: oh, let me put you on hold and check.

I'm on hold for what seems like a stupidly long time all the while listening to a phone ring, because they don't have hold music or a hold message. Really? WTF?

Him: Thanks for holding, I found it in your file stuck behind something.

Me: Okay, I thought it would be there.

Him: Well, I need to run your credit check. I'll call you back before 6:00 or I won't call you back.

Me: .............................. uhm, okay.

He doesn't call me back.

I'm not even going to go into the conversation I had with him today. This company is not inspiring me with confidence.

We haven't even been able to put in our official notice yet with the current landlords who are SELLING the house that we currently live in right now because they know we want to move out. They were tipped off by the whole landlord reference required for the new place.

Life is very stressful at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:12:59 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2485 on: September 13, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »
Moving house is stressful enough when things go smoothly. All this extra hassle would have me wanting to go in and forget to be ladylike when telling them how I feel. I will be keeping my fingers crossed you get this resolved quickly, without any more chaos.

― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #2486 on: September 13, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
Moving house is stressful enough when things go smoothly. All this extra hassle would have me wanting to go in and forget to be ladylike when telling them how I feel. I will be keeping my fingers crossed you get this resolved quickly, without any more chaos.

Thanks TamaMoo. It's being ridiculously stressful which is causing my husband's Crohn's disease to start becoming a bit of an issue. Luckily it's not a full on flare up yet, and I really want it to calm back down!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #2487 on: September 13, 2015, 07:37:54 PM »
Oh goodness, Crohn's plus all that mess?!  Hope you can get it sorted quickly.  As TamaMoo said, moving house is stressful even when it all goes to plan. 

« Reply #2488 on: September 15, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
Thanks Aquila,
We're hoping it all goes well. My husband is getting major joint pain at the moment and some gastro upset. I've had a migraine since since yesterday, so whoo!

I tried calling them yesterday, it just rang and rang. So I found an email for them, but didn't get a response...

I spoke with the agent this morning and told her what was going on with the other guy and how we can come in and sign whenever. So she's looking in to that. *sigh* This is just crazy!

We still haven't actually put in our notice, I don't think our landlord will mind though. I think the's already sold the house we're currently in. It's off the website of the people selling it.

Life is crazy.

« Reply #2489 on: September 17, 2015, 02:53:06 AM »
I was thinking 'poor guy' when I read about your hubby, but with your migraine, I changed the thought to 'poor both of you'. Fingers crossed for both of you feeling better, the stress gone, and the situation resolved.

― Dr. Seuss

Sponsored Links