Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 215250 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 10:48:18 AM »
My grandmother is dying.  We moved her into hospice care tonight.   :\\\'(  :\\\'(  :\\\'( 

So sorry to hear that.  :(  [smiley=cry2.gif]

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »
I  have several.

Grandmother in hospital for going on 6 weeks after valve replacement surgery (open heart surgery).

Had a miscarriage.

Lost my job.

All in the span of about 3 weeks.  Yay me.

So sorry to hear all that Kristi.  Hang in there.

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »
Sorry to everyone who has posted on here so far!  :\\\'(

• Liked: 12
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
DH has serious illness, DD has mega serious illness, DS about to lose job, best friend's husband lost job and they are in dire straits, uncertainty about more "separations" where I work ... too depressing to go on.  I feel like I'm living in a bad soap opera.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:47 AM »
So sorry to hear all that Kristi.  Hang in there.

Thanks.. and thanks to everyone.  She died this morning about 9:30. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 01:59:20 AM »
So sorry to hear that Kristi. Hugs.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 02:27:50 AM »
Just finding this thread now.. Kristi hugs to you for all you are going through. :(

And hugs to all of you that are also going through rough times, I hope we can find more good news soon.
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
Aww Kristi, ((((hugs))))
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »
So sorry to hear the sad news, Kristi.  :\\\'(

• Liked: 0
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's death, Kristi.  :(
doing laundry

• Liked: 4
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »
I'm very sorry, Kristi.

My worse than IA: my 4 year old nephew is still in the hospital and is not responding to antibiotics.  They think he might have something called Kawasaki's disease.  I am not happy and I wish I could be there.   :(

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »
I just saw this on your FB, Geeta. Sending loads of good vibes. ((hugs))
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 08:14:27 AM »
I'm very sorry, Kristi.

My worse than IA: my 4 year old nephew is still in the hospital and is not responding to antibiotics.  They think he might have something called Kawasaki's disease.  I am not happy and I wish I could be there.   :(

Aww hugs! I hope he's feeling better soon. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 08:40:41 AM »

G, I'm so sorry. I really hope he starts getting better soon.  :(

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
Sorry to hear all this sad news  :(  seems crappy times all round at the moment  :(

I have a few today:-

I go away for 2 days - on my return a lot of my friends have lost their jobs.
My company announced redundancies in my Division ( not me yet, thankfully) still makes everyone feel edgy at work. The worst part of my day was that I have a lady in her 50s working for me and she has done so for the past 5 years as a professional temp.  When I say a lady, I mean a lady, really lovely woman ( princess Diana lovely).  She came into my office today with a face as tho it had gone 10 rounds with Tyson.  Black eyes, bruised cheeks.  Cuts all up her arm and neck.  I was completely horrified.  She burst into tears, declared she found out her husband had cheated on her and he has also been beating her about for the last 20 years.  She had no where to go, no family to speak too and came in to my office as she had to get out of the house as she was suicidal, she than ran off.  After calling me on numerous occasions telling me she was going to top herself then dissappearing off the line.  Sending me into huge panics about her welfare..then she calls me back again and tells me what she has in her house to do it.  Cripes..what a stinking mess to deal with on a Monday! Poor woman litterally has no one.  I got in contact with the woman's crisis centre and got them to contact her. She refused to see them as she couldn't face driving.  I offered to pick her up and take her myself.  She refused.  Called me a hour later begging me to come round, Grabbed my coat and was about to go when she called and told me not to bother.  Crisis centre keeps ringing me directly and asking if I can get her to them, explained she was having none of it.  Crisis centre then ring the police and her GP to go and see her.  I feel guilty as crap because she was obviously in a emotional mess and now because I contacted the crisis centre people will be prodding and poking her about.  I think I did the right thing, but I feel like sh*t. To be brutally honest, its not as tho this lady and I are friends.  Only in the work sense.  Now I feel very obliged to see that she is ok and I am sat here worrying she will do something silly to herself and I perhaps could have done something different and stopped her....but the state she is in..I don't think I could.  As you can see from my post....I am toing and froing with what if this and what if that.  What boundaries should I have.  I don't really want to get personally involved, but she is making it difficult not to be...I have enough crap to deal with in my own life right now, this is sending me over the edge  :(  Because of all this, I hardly managed to do my actual job!

Lets just say I am mentally exhausted today.  I have remained very neutral and proffessional today...Inside I would like to cave her husbands head in.
 >:(

Plus I have a lovely lady who is the primary carer for her elderly mother who has alziemers and has been told today that her mother must go into a home.  They live together and she burst into tears about being on her own.  Really, my heart is breaking for people today.   :\\\'(
  Sorry..vent over.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:00:34 PM by DuckyFuzz »
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab