Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 215238 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »
Balmerhon, I hope your relatives stay safe!  My friend's mate is a geologist and he had been working in Madacascar and his company decided to pick him up and send him back to the UK.  I was talking to him last week and that's some scary stuff. 

Hugs!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 06:20:23 PM »
Okay, this has been driving me mad... What's an IA?

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
Okay, this has been driving me mad... What's an IA?

Inconvenient Annoyance!! :)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Banned

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
I'm so sorry for all the hardships that people are going through.

I can honestly say that the past year has probably been the most stressful of my life. I try to stay positive about the future, and I must say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've experienced a roller coaster physically, finacially, and emotionally, but I am thankful for all that I do have: my health, a good new job, I won't lose my house, my lovely daughters, parents who care for me, and the very unexpected and wonderful gift of finding my soulmate when I had already accepted that I would probably not ever meet that special someone.
We are a nation that has a government -- not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the earth. Our government has no power except that granted to it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed.
Ronald Reagan

�In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.� - Thomas Jefferson

• Liked: 12
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »
I'm so sorry for all the hardships that people are going through.

I can honestly say that the past year has probably been the most stressful of my life. I try to stay positive about the future, and I must say that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've experienced a roller coaster physically, finacially, and emotionally, but I am thankful for all that I do have: my health, a good new job, I won't lose my house, my lovely daughters, parents who care for me, and the very unexpected and wonderful gift of finding my soulmate when I had already accepted that I would probably not ever meet that special someone.

That's heartening.  Good to hear.
"Always look on the bright side of life" is not always easy so glad someone is coming out the other side.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
I'm still waiting for the results of my blood glucose test.

But my sister has a confirmed diagnosis of hypertension (she's had that for a few years), type II diabetes, and heart disease.

She needs to shift about 75lbs. or face going down the heart attack road like everyone else in our family.

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:36 AM »
Our precious cat Tucker has not much longer to live.  He's 4 years into a leukemia diagnosis but he's now got liver failure and has virtually no red blood cells.  DH is devestated.  We've had so much loss in the last 2 months.  Not sure how we deal with one more.  :\\\'(
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »
Our precious cat Tucker has not much longer to live.  He's 4 years into a leukemia diagnosis but he's now got liver failure and has virtually no red blood cells.  DH is devestated.  We've had so much loss in the last 2 months.  Not sure how we deal with one more.  :\\\'(
Oh, that's so sad -- know very well how you must be feeling.
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:56 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your cat.  :(  :\\\'(

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2009, 08:32:37 PM »
ooooh -- just heard DS got dumped by his GF of several years today.   :-\\\\  This is really bad because he's losing his job next month with no prospects.  He had a major meltdown in college and had to drop out and go on medication.  Just got off the pills a few months ago but is still way overweight.  His sister has a very serious health problem and he just got back from visiting her.
Thing is I really liked the girl and thought she was doing him a lot of good.  I fear he's going to go into a mega tail spin.   :(
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2009, 10:00:18 PM »
Aww Boston...
(hugs)

Hang in there
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
BostonDiner, I'm sorry for your son.  I hope he's able to handle this better than you fear.

Hugs to you for your worries about your children. [smiley=hug.gif]
doing laundry

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks.  We talked a bit last night and he's fairly philosophical about it -- that she had a lot of heavy baggage that made it agonizing at times.  But we're both thinking along the lines of this is another "sign" that we're meant to go back home (i.e. U.K.)  I was partly hanging on here to support him (in both senses) so if he's ready, well ...
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 01:41:36 PM »
Thanks.  We talked a bit last night and he's fairly philosophical about it -- that she had a lot of heavy baggage that made it agonizing at times.  But we're both thinking along the lines of this is another "sign" that we're meant to go back home (i.e. U.K.)  I was partly hanging on here to support him (in both senses) so if he's ready, well ...

Come back to us, Boston!!! The grass IS greener on the other side!  ;)  :P

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
My husband was made redundant at the end of February, and I may now have to go through a redundancy selection process at work.  DH has had some interviews but that is slowing down now. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab