Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA VISA  (Read 681 times)

• Liked: 0
EEA VISA
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
Hi All...

Appreciate any advise ..

I applied for an EEA Family Permit Visa to live in the UK with my fiancé. Upon entry I applied for the EEA visa with the Home Office in Croydon, which was done on the 3 January 09. Part of this process required me to submit all original and copies of my documents and my passport.
Recently on a call with the Home Office in Croydon, I was told it will take a year for them to process my visa. They are now processing applications made in Feb08.  I informed them that I will need my passport back as I will be traveling soon !!  I have written to them officially and should get my passport back in the next 10 working days. This does not stop the processing of my EEA visa.
However, if I leave the country I will need to go to the British Embassy and reapply an EEA Family Permit Visa which takes up to a month for approval and requires a bunch of original documents that is currently sitting in the Home Office in Croydon.  How insane is that??   I need to do this for re-entry into the UK.

Is anyone in the similar situation?  Appreciate any advise at all..
Thanks, Diana
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:28:26 PM by Artemis »

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: EEA VISA
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
However, if I leave the country I will need to go to the British Embassy and reapply an EEA Family Permit Visa

No you don't.  You cave a Certificate of Application, this will be enough. Maybe with a copy fo your marriage certificate.

Vicky

Sponsored Links