Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Etsy non-delivery  (Read 2456 times)

Re: Etsy non-delivery
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »
Hmm, I think you guys are right, she just gets so combative when I mention anything about refunds, and doesn't seem to want to converse like adults.
It's all a bit "zomg, what are you saing, it like totally isn't my fault, okay?" when really I just want her to outline what steps she's taken and give me the tracking number!!!

I'll press her this week for the tracking number (some more!) and if I don't hear anything by next week, it's threatening with the AG.

I wish Etsy did more but they just seem to send mutual convos...

You guys are so right about paypal, I should have started this all sooner, but didn't want to be a b*tch about it. I wish I had now!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »
Hmm, I think you guys are right, she just gets so combative when I mention anything about refunds, and doesn't seem to want to converse like adults.
It's all a bit "zomg, what are you saing, it like totally isn't my fault, okay?" when really I just want her to outline what steps she's taken and give me the tracking number!!!

I'll press her this week for the tracking number (some more!) and if I don't hear anything by next week, it's threatening with the AG.

I wish Etsy did more but they just seem to send mutual convos...

You guys are so right about paypal, I should have started this all sooner, but didn't want to be a b*tch about it. I wish I had now!

Good luck chasing her down, though if it were me, I'd skip another week of runaround with tracking number, and just proceed to "Refund or AG!" She has jerked you around beyond all reason already.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
Sorry I'm late on this, I just saw it....what ended up happening??

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:39 PM »
Nothing really, we're at a standstill, she says she has proof of postage but wont give me a tracking number, I haven't got my item and Etsy do nothing but send auto generated convos between the two of us and say they'll contact me but never do.

So I'm out my money and really p'd off. I'm never using Etsy again, there's just no buyer protection after your initial 30 days, which is a bit rubbish when things are being sent overseas.
I'm hugely disappointed with Etsy fault resolving service, i.e it's non existent.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
That's really crap. I'm sorry about this. I've always had really good experiences with Etsy. Are you going to give her negative feedback??

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »
That's really crap. I'm sorry about this. I've always had really good experiences with Etsy. Are you going to give her negative feedback??

too late! Was trying to be nice about it and giving her time to sort it.

I'm really annoyed, thinking about reporting it to the consumerist! :)

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »
What about the suggestion of her state Attorney General?

• From Texas to Yorkshire
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:47 PM »
Is there a separate facility to contact Etsy customer service?  I know it's more a facilitation website, but perhaps that will get a Real Person to pay attention?  Sorry :(
BUNAC: 9/2004 - 12/2004. Student visa: 1/2005 - 7/2005. Student visa #2: 9/2006 - 1/2008. FLR(IGS): 1/2008 - 10/2008. FLR(M): 10/2008 - 10/2010. ILR 10/2010!!

Finn, 25/12/2009; Micah, 10/08/2012

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
too late! Was trying to be nice about it and giving her time to sort it.

Maybe you should name and shame her on the Etsy forum to keep it from happening to someone else.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »

I would. What can it hurt? Also check out if they have email addresses for Etsy to launch an EECB.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 04:02:48 PM »
Just wanted to chime in and say that if you email the Etsy customer service folk and explain your problem, they will get back to you pretty quickly.  (At least, that was my experience.)  Having said that though, they might not be very helpful.  I had ordered a fairly pricey cake topper for my wedding last fall, and it arrived damaged.  The seller quickly got pretty nasty with me when I asked for a partial refund or for it to be fixed/remade. Like you, I had been trying to be nice and not leave negative feedback, and the window for that eventually closed.   The Etsy admins, while they responded quickly, essentially said there was nothing they could do, and since PayPal wouldn't get involved, I ended up being out the money.

Anyway, not such an encouraging story, I know, but hopefully you will have a better outcome!  If it helps, the email address I used was abuse@etsy.com.  good luck!

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
Maybe you should name and shame her on the Etsy forum to keep it from happening to someone else.

I think that is a great idea!  Why should she be allowed to get away with this?  Bad service = bad feedback.  Others deserve to know. (You left bad feedback for her as well I hope!)

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »
What is her reason for refusing to give a tracking number?  Surely she must realise that this points to her never having sent it?

Vicky

• Clapham Girl
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »
Just curious but your order wasn't for custom painted cermaic dishes was it?
01 March 2009: online application
13 March 2009: biometrics
16 March 2009: submitted documents via FedEx
18 March 2009: Tier 1 Approved (NY consulate)
18 June 2009: Tier 1 start date
29 August 2009: Arrive in London
22 April 2010: Finally got a job

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
I definitely think you need to name and shame. Also, see if you can find out if she's part of any of the Etsy networks. If so, you could contact them as well.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab