Fat Fighters
2 (18.2%)
Fitness Matters
1 (9.1%)
Get the Skinny
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 13, 2011, 04:14:42 PM

Topic: Healthy and Fit  (Read 84182 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Healthy and Fit
« Reply #1020 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:28 AM »
I just met Jillian Michaels at a book signing.  Had to wait in line for 4 hours, but it was worth it!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #1021 on: April 06, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
I just met Jillian Michaels at a book signing.  Had to wait in line for 4 hours, but it was worth it!

Oh Lucky You ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I went to the gym this afternoon I did the cross trainer,the AMT machine & the spin bike. I did 18.5 miles on the spin bike in 2 lots of 20 mins each. I also did my weights I'm well knackered I will sleep good again tonight that's for sure. ;)  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

« Reply #1022 on: July 29, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
I am able to do cardio again thank goodness lol I just have to slowly add stuff back in. I'm doing the treadmill no incline but working up my speed to 4.4 for 15 mins, spin bike I can do 9 miles in 20 mins, cross trainer 10 mins, stepper 6 mins, an I still do a alot of weights as well. my Dietitian & Dr both said no more than 2 hours max in the gym per day. I just got home from being at the gym I'm well knackered possibly a nap in my near future was up at 7am thanks to our Siamese loud meows. ::)  :P

« Reply #1023 on: December 06, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »
Oh my heavens I got a new routine from trainer this afternoon I'm sooo sore now I hate to think how sore I will be Wed morn. ::)  :P

« Reply #1024 on: January 08, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
I'm well knackered I was at the gym this morning at 8:40am an was there a good couple hours I forsee a nap in my near future today lol. ;)  :)

« Reply #1025 on: January 11, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »
My gym membership expired an we aren't renewing it till Feb 1st cause we didn't want to lose 2 weeks at the gym while were in the States on vacation. so if we wait for another 2 weeks we wont be losing out on 2 weeks of paid gym time in April. so I have been using my Wii Fit this afternoon that had to be dusted off lol. well in my defense with my gym membership I really will didn't need it till now & the next 2 weeks. well at least hopefully when I do go back to the gym I wont be sore here's to wishful thinking lol. ;)  :)  Today on the Wii Fit I did an hour & 32min's of boxing an an 28 mins of other stuff on the Wii Fit. I was well chuffed with myself my arms will probably be sore as all get out on Thurs oh well. ::) :P

« Reply #1026 on: February 25, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »
I really think my trainer does enjoy torturing me lol. ;)  :P  we just figured out on Thursday that one of weights routine is extra brutal. I do a squat with a 15kg barbell across my neck, then I do whats called a good morning still with the barbell across my neck, then I raise the barbell above my head an bring it back down that's all classed a 1 rep an I do 2 sets of 15 reps each. well if you think about it each motion I do is technically 1 so by the time I'm done with it all I have done 90 cause I do 2 sets of 15. well its no wander I'm well knackered when I leave the gym. ::)  [smiley=sleeping2.gif]

• Liked: 0
« Reply #1027 on: March 08, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
Barely going to the gym, but walking everywhere. So it's more a maintaining thing at the moment.

Wish I had more time to walk more and it is getting to the stage with our time deprivation, we are considering getting equipment for the garage, once we sort waterproofing / heating in there.  :-\\\\

« Reply #1028 on: March 08, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
I went to the gym this morning an did my 2 hour routine when I left the gym I was well knackered I will sleep really good tonight that's for sure. ;)  :)

« Reply #1029 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »
I am well knackered I was at the gym this morning at 8:45 am left at 11am I possibly see a nap in my near future lol. ;)  :)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1030 on: July 02, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
Anyone still around here? I am trying to shake off the baby weight (plus a bit extra I was working on losing from quitting smoking before I got pregnant) but not doing a grand job so far. I tracked calories on Spark People for several days last week and did a postnatal yoga dvd a few times and took a few walks. It was a good start and I lost a couple of pounds (I think I did anyway, but our scale is pretty unreliable). But I lost focus for the last couple of days and I'm finding it hard to keep things going. I had some ice cream yesterday and I just ate two ham and cheese toasties for lunch!!  :o Need to seriously keep this in check. It's easy to eat the wrong things, and eat too much in general, when I'm tired and inside most of the time taking care of a baby. I keep sneaking off for a snack.  :( I try to get out for walks and things to take my mind off eating, but it's tough getting out with a newborn, they feed often so you have to time things just right.  :-\\\\

• British by descent
« Reply #1031 on: July 02, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
I'm hoping to get back into things this week - I bought a bike off ebay and am picking it up today! Plan is to ease into cycling to work, which (if I go every day) will be ~45min of cycling each day. Should take the same amount of time as the bus, and be more fun. We'll see how those grandiose plans work out, though, I haven't biked in years.

I need to shed about 20-25lbs to try and strengthen up/ease the load off my hips (before potential surgery this winter).
Moved to London February 5, 2010

« Reply #1032 on: July 02, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
I hopefully will be able to start back at the gym next week after Aunt Flow is gone. I haven't been so good on my diet either but I think once I get back into my exercise routine I will hopefully get back into a healthier eating routine as well. ;)  :)

Good Luck to everyone else trying to get back into healtheir eating & exercising more as well. [smiley=clover2.gif]   :)

« Reply #1033 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
My husband was talking the other day about one of his favorite dinners that I make and I broke it to him that it's a WW recipe. I told him to get used to it, because come September we'll be eating a lot of those recipes as I try to lose this baby weight and more!

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #1034 on: July 02, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
Hi!  I'm around just not much on here at the mo'.  :)

I've gone back to the gym now that we're not constantly travelling to & fro, so I'll have time to get stuck in.  I have a new trainer there who is hopefully going to stick around for longer than 2 weeks, so (fingers crossed) hoping to have some continuity with that!

One thing I have decided is that I am never going on another diet again, ever.  Yes you read it right!  That's not to say that I am not going to work to improve the healthiness of what I eat, but a 'diet' - no.  The track record for diets just doesn't support them - 95% of people gain it back (and often more).  The easiest weight I ever lost was when I swapped my US fast food & convenience food eating for just eating what my husband eats.  And in the last year, I've witnessed a couple work mates develop fullblown eating disorders off (well respected, commercial group meeting kind of) 'diets'.

I have been doing a bit of reading lately supporting this - encompassing stuff on emotional eating, managing mood & hormones etc (I'm getting all wacky perimenopausal), mindfulness & meditation, light therapy (for SAD), etc.

One thing I'm reading now is a book called Full: A Life Without Dieting: Weight-Loss Secrets from a Weight-Loss Surgeon by a Dr. Michael Snyder, and a couple things that helped me from it are - 1) Pick one thing & just start working on that (exercise, eating more fruit & veg, simple things like that). Don't make it complicated or grandiose. Get going with it, then add something else...  2) You don't have to be perfect.  Most of the stuff he talks about is really just common sense & not a lot I didn't know already, but it's been encouraging & motivating.  And I always get hung up on the 'having to be perfect' bit & feeling like I need to start everything at once, perfectly, and well - I don't.  Oh and making your health a priority in your life - he writes about that too.

I don't expect to make lots of progress the first half of this month - as this is my birthday week & we're off for our annual summer self-catering holiday with the in-laws at the end of the week.  These things mean - food & booze & cake, more food & booze & cake...  ;) ;D
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab