Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings from Hicksville USA  (Read 1204 times)

• Liked: 0
Greetings from Hicksville USA
« on: January 28, 2003, 10:54:31 AM »
Well, here I am, 27, stuck in Hicksville USA...

Why you ask?

Because somehow, against all the odds, I fell madly in love with an american woman.  God can be wicked sometimes, can't she?

Well, a little about myself.  My name is Jay, I'm an Internet Consultant, Internet Addicted (same thing really) and as mentioned above, in Hicksville USA (Radcliff, Kentucky to the uninformed).  

But, soon things will change.  My wife Jennifer and I are returning to the homeland.  Jenn spent 6 months in England with me before we came here and decided to finally do that 'M' thing.  We tried to make a go of it in the USA, but we are both happier in the UK, so back we go.

Jenn and I often end our evening snuggled up and talking about what we look forward to most about returning to the Garden County... and so far, it's a unanimous vote... kebabs!  
However, contenders include... real beer (something more than 5.5% :D), safe public transport, national health care, home delivery from Icelands and of course... going to Safeways at 3am and being able to buy booze.

Well, that's the end of my little intro *looks to Jenn...* can I go back to playing my puter games now?

• Unavailable for Comment.
Re: Greetings from Hicksville USA
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 03:48:42 PM »
I'm having a little chuckle here. That's got to be the best intro I've seen yet.

Welcome to the site Jay. I can't imagine it'll be of much help to you, but Jenn will need it when she's homesick for silly things like decent water pressure, Taco Bell, and sunlight.

Congrats on the "M" thing and again, welcome!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 04:29:01 PM »
It is nice to meet you kokoryu...  LOL, you will fit right in with the spouse house here... carrying on the tradition of british humor at its best.[smiley=laugh4.gif]

It is also nice to hear of a couple trying it out in both countries and both wishing to go home to England...  but never would have thought the reason would be for...[smiley=chef.gif] the food... :-/ LOL!  except I must admit that I thouroughly enjoy the kebabs there not to mention fish and chips.

Welcome aboard.

Shel

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 05:38:17 PM »
Hello Jay & Jenn... glad to see you have come to your senses (  ;) ) and are coming back home!

All the best to you!

Sponsored Links