Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pseudo Yankee  (Read 1160 times)

• Trackhead
  • Liked: 0
Pseudo Yankee
« on: February 01, 2003, 01:17:14 PM »
I was really pleased to find this forum - thanks to the founder(s) and moderators.

Well, some quick stuff...

In June I moved back to London after 8 years in the States (Columbus, OH). My girlfriend is American and now lives with me here in Stoke Newington, North London. She's also from OH. Apart from some of my family, we know almost no-one here. We kinda miss American stuff (food, driving, detatched houses, and, er, ok, WalMart).

I'm the director of a charity and my girlfriend is looking for a job (she has a visa) while applying for school. We're student-like and are into alternative music, cool people, dogs, travel and learning stuff. We're not organic food bus stop crazies with aspirations for 2 kids and an Ikea kitchen suite, if you know what I mean. But nor are we hard drug users who hate the idea of government, families and Aunt Jemima.

I'd really like to meet up with fellow Americans/pseudo Americans, especially in the setting of a North American bar in London. (There used to be a great Canadian bar off Covent Garden - is it still around?)

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Spooky (And, yes, that's my real name. It didn't go down too well in the US but now I'm back in Limey I can call myself it again.)

• Liked: 4
Re: Pseudo Yankee
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 02:28:38 PM »
Welcome Spooky to UK Yankee!!

Yep the Maple Leaf Pub is still in Covent Gardens.  Youll also find The Canada Shop (www.canadashop.uk.com) for some of those american items you miss, like reese cups, lol.  

keep an eye on the clubs and event board, several of us get together, every so often.  

« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 03:31:19 PM by ItsBcoz »
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pseudo Yankee
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 04:41:16 PM »
Hello Spooky and welcome to UKY....  I hope you will find some of the things you miss by connection through here...  there are many in UKY with a vast knowledge of finding the unattainable US products.

shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links