Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Want to move to London  (Read 1128 times)

• Liked: 0
Want to move to London
« on: February 03, 2003, 05:41:15 PM »
Hello, I am new to this.  I want to move to London to live and work.  However, I don't work for a company that can transfer me, so I am starting from scratch.

What is the best way to find a job.  Since I am a US citizen, I would require sponsorship by a company hiring me.  Is it possible to find a job through something like Monster.com for this?  Or what really should I be doing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Want to move to London
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 07:33:47 PM »
Hi Chaun.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but moving to the UK without a job transfer is pretty tricky.

If you look under the visa section of this forum, you'll find a post there calld Helpful Links.  In that post, you'll find information and good sound advice about this.

Companies aren't likely to even speak to you here unless you already have a visa and are already in the UK.  The reason for this is that to get a visa for you, they have to prove that there was no one else in the UK that could do the job they want you to do.  There are, of course, exceptions to this.  I'd suggest looking at the links tho....I'm sure you'll find the info you need there.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2003, 07:34:19 PM by Wishstar »

Sponsored Links