Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where can I get British products in the USA?  (Read 23861 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Where can I get British products in the USA?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:49:52 PM »
Our Stop and Shop and Shaw's both have a small British section. I just learned to carefully check the dates on the products. There is also a shop about 45 minutes from here, but I can't remember what it's called. Everything is a little pricy.

• Family of 4!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »
my mum said the local pricecutters has hp sauce and pg tips.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »

www.goodwoods.com is a good place to order from and if you sign up with them, they send emails every couple of weeks with discount codes.

Goodwoods is a good one, DW buys a lot of British goods online and goodwoods always sends us products that are still within the time on expiration.  That is the one thing that we have run into buying everything online things are close if not outdated. 
Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
I've found great deals on British food at my local Indian supermarket so you might check for something similar in your area.  After all, tea comes from India!

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
I know this thread is old, but in case it helps out anyone in the future. In California, Nevada, and Arizona there is a market called Fresh and Easy (http://www.freshandeasy.com/) which is actually owned by Tesco! They have a lot of food from the UK dispersed throughout.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »
If you in New Jersey near Atlantic City this place has stuff and she is a super nice lady also!
http://www.yourbritishconnection.com/index.html

Future reference and I know she said she can get other stuff if you ask.

FB page also: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Absecon-NJ/The-British-Connection/76396362961?v=wall

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 04:09:26 PM »
I was just here over the weekend, it is a really nice little store, they even had Monster Munch!!  http://www.amesbritishfoods.com/
It is in Ames Iowa, but the deliver, everything is within date so that was nice.
DW went in a squealed when she saw Dib-Dabs.
Haikus are easy.
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator

• Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
I recommend Rodman's for those of you in the DC area: http://www.rodmans.com/

I usually get Yorkshire Tea and squash/barley water there.  They also have all sorts of chocolate, biscuits, and European lager.

My favorite place to go, though, is Tea and Sympathy in New York: http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/home.php

It's in the West Village and there's a restaurant there too, but I always just go to the shop.  Real British people will sell you probably any kind of British sweet you can imagine  :D  They're quite nice there, I like them.

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 04:43:20 AM »
I've ordered from the English Tea Store online site, and was pleased with our products. They have lots of different snack items, tea of course, and miscellaneous grocery items. I waited to order until they emailed me a special for free shipping!  ;D

http://www.englishteastore.com/british-store.html
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
I know this thread is old, but in case it helps out anyone in the future. In California, Nevada, and Arizona there is a market called Fresh and Easy (http://www.freshandeasy.com/) which is actually owned by Tesco! They have a lot of food from the UK dispersed throughout.
I used to go there when I lived in LA.  I so miss those shops now that I'm back in Boston.

Speaking of which, there is British Delights in Westford, MA.  I've found that they have the best prices ($3.15/40ct PG Tips for example).  They also have an online shop(www.britishdelights.com).  However, if you're in the area and can get to the shop, they have a 50% off section.   ;D

As a side note to LA, if you're in Los Angeles...Santa Monica has a few British shops which are great...Tudor House for fresh pies and pastries or King's Head.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
My favorite place to go, though, is Tea and Sympathy in New York: http://www.teaandsympathynewyork.com/home.php

It's in the West Village and there's a restaurant there too, but I always just go to the shop.  Real British people will sell you probably any kind of British sweet you can imagine  :D  They're quite nice there, I like them.

Tea and Sympathy is nice, but small.  Just a few blocks over on 9th Avenue is Myers of Keswick.  They're much bigger and have everything from imported sausage and homemade pies to snacks, groceries and household products.  They're the sausage supplier for the BEST British restaurant in New York - Chip Shop (two locations in Brooklyn).  Both were staples of mine before moving over to London for good.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »
Tea and Sympathy is nice, but small.  Just a few blocks over on 9th Avenue is Myers of Keswick.  They're much bigger and have everything from imported sausage and homemade pies to snacks, groceries and household products.  They're the sausage supplier for the BEST British restaurant in New York - Chip Shop (two locations in Brooklyn).  Both were staples of mine before moving over to London for good.
DS has already discovered Chip Shop but was slightly put off because they wouldn't deep fry a chunk of his friend's birthday cake  ::)  They said it would disintegrate and mess up their fat (fair enough).  I love their online application form ("What's your favorite car? etc.)   ;D
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
DS has already discovered Chip Shop but was slightly put off because they wouldn't deep fry a chunk of his friend's birthday cake  ::)  They said it would disintegrate and mess up their fat (fair enough).  I love their online application form ("What's your favorite car? etc.)   ;D

Tell him to try A Salt and Battery for deep frying things.  They told me they'll deep fry anything for $1, as long as it didn't have nuts in it.  That was several years ago, but it's worth a shot.

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »
In the South, I always found Publix had a nice selection of British products, at seemingly reasonable prices.

Harris Teeter, not quite as popular as Publix, but they also have a decent selection.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined."- Henry David Thoreau

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
We're always on the lookout for a good place to pick up goodies.  We've ordered from jollygrub.com and while some of the prices are definitely a premium, some aren't so bad and it was always shipped well.

Sponsored Links