Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any suggestions or advice is appreciated...  (Read 1335 times)

• Liked: 0
Any suggestions or advice is appreciated...
« on: February 03, 2003, 09:29:12 PM »
I am a US national that is currently residing here in the states. I am originally from the south pacific islands. Needless to say, I am enquiring about how to migrate to the UK. Call it fascination or the like, but I have wanted to live in the UK for about 6 years now. It was a fascination that started at fifteen and it is very strong now that I am 21 years of age. Is there any possibility that I could settle in England without the fact that I have no relations to sponsor me there? Is there any route that I can take in succeeding on finding employment in the UK? Is there any way that I could find a person to sponsor me in the UK? I am not a student in college, so studying and living in the UK is not an option for me. I have worked in the international trade industry for nigh on 4 years here in the USA and have gathered a variety of information that would be useful in the international trade industry. For instance, say that if I were to be able to reside in the UK for settlement, working for an international trade company with the US, I would have already have a great understanding of all policies and regulations in the US so that the company wouldn't have to do an amount of research or contacting overseas for information that could be answered, don't you think? Well, I would dearly appreciate all your suggestions and advice...with best regards...

• Liked: 0
Re: Any suggestions or advice is appreciated...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 02:08:08 AM »
It'll be very difficult as the UK restrictions on immigration mirror very closely the ones in the US.

In brief you can only come to the UK to live and work if you are married/marrying a British/European citizen, are transferred by your employer, have substantial capital to invest, or have skills in short supply in the UK (medical, computers, etc).

Good luck! ..... and don't forget that we Brits make great spouses! ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 02:09:10 AM by Mr_Val »
Richard

Sponsored Links