Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clothing and fashion experts or anyone good at dating things!!!  (Read 5303 times)

• Liked: 1
Anyone care to guess about when this photo was taken?  I know there are several people that like older fashions so I thought someone might know. We think he's my mothers Grandfather from Spain who went to Argentina.

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Clothing and fashion experts or anyone good at dating things!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:57:25 AM »
My guess is right around the turn of the century - but that's based more on the history of photography (and it's availability) than the clothing. But I'm hardly an expert.

Very dashing fellow!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 08:56:50 AM »
I'd say early 1910s, just before WWI.  The cut of the coat and the trousers, the high, stiff collar, the single-breast waistcoat and the enthusiastic moustache strike me as late Edwardian.  I'm no expert, either, just a keen amateur  ;D  But here is Wikipedia on 1910s men's fashions.  Very similar, IMO.  Certainly no earlier than maybe 1907, but I think more likely 1912-1914. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
Love that 'tache!  ;D
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

Sponsored Links