Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA Family Permit Application: Supporting Document Questions  (Read 9589 times)

Re: EEA Family Permit Application: Supporting Document Questions
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 08:12:44 AM »
1. If you read your confirmation carefully it says that if you live in the United States you only take your passport & biometrics sheet. That is all you take with you.

2. Travel Agent means Visa Expediter/Courier. If you chose 'by mail' you can still do the courier/expediter option.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »
Thanks WebyJ, I did read carefully and I can see this on my confirmation. Prior to submitting the application online, prior to choosing my appt date, there is a page which instructs to bring all my documents, application, etc to the biometrics. It's great to hear that everyone followed the directions of the confirmation sheet. I'll do that, then. Thank you.

So I got the answers to my question about expediters and what to bring.

And now I have a question regarding "travel documents." My biomertrics confirmation sheet instructs to mail out my "application, travel document and stamped biometrics appt confirmation." Do they mean passport or flight confirmation when they say "travel documents"?

Thanks again everyone for reading. Always a big help from everyone here! :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:38:22 AM by chrissie »
Status: Non-European family member of EEA national. Living in UK with husband.
Husband's status: Polish citizen exercising treaty rights in UK.

EEA JOURNEY
22/07/09 Husband returns to UK and commences work on WRS

30/08/09 EEA FP app submitted online
02/09/09 Biometrics
16/09/09 EEA FP app expedited to British Consulate in LA
16/09/09 EEA FP entry clearance issued!

22/03/10 FMRS app submitted
08/06/10 FMRS issued!
20/09/10 FMRS received in post :/

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 06:17:37 AM »
Travel Document is your Passport.

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »
Thank you WebyJ.

*EDIT*

I have some more question on EEA FP Supporting Documents. I was just notified by my expediter that it is recommended that we include the following:

1) Our bank statements should be stamped by the bank. Currently we have the regular bank statements that are printed out directly at the bank. Because they weren't mailed the expediter says they should be stamped. This one baffles me, because they look EXACTLY like the colored copy mailed to you--letterhead and all.

2) As I am self-employed and have just newly entered the job market this year (read: irregular income), I should include my diploma (to prove that I'm fresh to the job market), my CV, and any job offers or advertisements that I've applied to in the UK. Problem here is that I never ordered a diploma for my second degree.

3) Also my husband's initial paychecks have a misspelling, which apparently he took up with payroll and the HMRC to make sure that his taxes were being properly paid, etc. HMRC was ok, but payroll delayed the change for 3 months and would not reprint the old ones!! His name is mispelled (by one letter) on the payslips. So the expediter says we should get an recent payslip with the correct name. My husband won't get a new payslip with the correct name until the end of this month.

4) We should include a budget of our monthly expenses. Is this necessary? Is this kind of scrutinization by the embassy typical? Is this type of proof and backing up necessary for an EEA FP application? Just to note: though our earnings are relatively small in the professional career range (mine is irregular), we have never taken public funds nor have we ever had debts. Still, should we take these extra steps as the expediter suggests?

What should I do??? If I were to follow this advice, I would need to wait at least another month for these extra documents. Has anyone else needed the extra documents, stamps, etc. on top of the basic required documents?

Thank you all so much for your help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:42:31 AM by chrissie »
Status: Non-European family member of EEA national. Living in UK with husband.
Husband's status: Polish citizen exercising treaty rights in UK.

EEA JOURNEY
22/07/09 Husband returns to UK and commences work on WRS

30/08/09 EEA FP app submitted online
02/09/09 Biometrics
16/09/09 EEA FP app expedited to British Consulate in LA
16/09/09 EEA FP entry clearance issued!

22/03/10 FMRS app submitted
08/06/10 FMRS issued!
20/09/10 FMRS received in post :/

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 04:51:21 AM »
I have a question too re the EEA family permit.  In my application I stated that my husband (the EEA national) was going to accompany me to the UK because that was the plan.  Now it looks as if we are going to be on different flights and that he will arrive before me on the same day or that we may even travel on separate days.  Will the EEA family permit still be valid if I travel separately from him and he meets me in the UK?  I feel unsure because in my application, I already sent a letter saying that he was going to accompany me. 

• Oodles by Stephoodle
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »
Oh jeez. I was anxious enough already (my paperwork arrived at the LA consulate last Thursday a little after noon via FedEx as I could not afford an expediter)... I just included the stuff that was on the list that they gave me. Was I supposed to include all that other stuff that Chrissie is talking about too? Would that have made the process smoother/sped it up?

I know it's still early yet, but my heart is pounding out of my chest. I know our application is straight forward and most likely won't be denied, but I keep worrying they will for some stupid reason. :(
Oodles by Stephoodle:
Blog and Etsy Shop

Sponsored Links